lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2015, 09:00 PM   #11
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2008 club car precedent battery issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budule View Post
I don't know interstate batteries but those may not be golf cart batteries anyway , just deep cycle...
That is their golf cart battery. It's relatively overpriced for what it is though, and I don't see to many of them in use for that reason.
cartattach is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2015, 09:08 PM   #12
Vatoloco2k7
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

In terms of brands which would be best for my cart and how much would they cost? I've seen some 100 each and some for 220 each. Definitely needs an alignment which I plan to do tomorrow also will be pulling off body and trim to prep for paint hopefully same day. I've read some of the stickys and they say a 6-8v set up is more efficient and lasts longer and since I have to replace mine a May as well go this route.
Vatoloco2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 03:02 PM   #13
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

The six 8v setup is leaps and bounds better than the 12s. Here is a good sticky about doing the conversion: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-part-1-a.html
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:17 PM   #14
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatoloco2k7 View Post
In terms of brands which would be best for my cart and how much would they cost? I've seen some 100 each and some for 220 each. Definitely needs an alignment which I plan to do tomorrow also will be pulling off body and trim to prep for paint hopefully same day. I've read some of the stickys and they say a 6-8v set up is more efficient and lasts longer and since I have to replace mine a May as well go this route.
I've used just about every battery on the market and I settled on US Battery for my customers. I find US to have the best combo of available options with excellent pricing and quality you can count on. When I get super cheap customers I have used the Duracell (and they perform fine for the pricepoint) and when I get those who just have to have Trojan I sell them as well.

As to the swap. The average user won't really see much difference in the 4x12 V's 6x8 setups. The main point of that conversion is for those who are sucking every last drop of performance from their packs. Obviously with the larger amount of lead in a greater number of batteries there is a greater amount of reaction. Unless you plan on some really large mods in the future then the conversion is not really needed. I sell precedents everyday. I have both Setups and they run the same speed for about the same time frame on stock components with a high speed magnet. I'd spend my money on more important things to get going based on your previous comments on being economical. You're welcome to pm me and I'll help you get it setup and running without spending a fortune or getting uneeded parts.
cartattach is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car