lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2015, 11:20 AM   #1
Deerhunter1forever
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car DS build help

I"m new to golf carts and seeking some advice. I'm wanting to build a Club Car Ds series cart for hunting. It will have a lift kit, tires, higher amp controller, larger wires, possibly upgrade the motor etc.

The question is should I start off with a running cart in the $2000.00 dollar range with 4 yr old batteries and do the upgrades?

Option 2 is to start off with a cheap rolling chassis $500.00 or less and replace everything new?

To me it seems i'm better off starting with a rolling chassis and replacing everything with new parts but some I have talked to advice against that.
Deerhunter1forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2015, 11:40 AM   #2
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS build help

Welcome to BGW!
I would start with a rolling chassis. I still have parts and looking for a chassis to just sell as a beginner cart to someone.
E
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:38 PM   #3
Deerhunter1forever
Not Yet Wild

Just trying to get some information on building a golf cart from the ground up versus one already going. If i'm going to upgrade everything anyway does it matter?
Deerhunter1forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:36 PM   #4
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Club Car DS build help

If you think starting with a rolling chassis is best go for it. Nobody here knows your ability to build from that point. I bought a running DS for 1500. My mods have been easy. Search my build...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:40 PM   #5
crash test dummy

rolling cart would be best if you don't need it for a few months
it also depends on what you want to spend
Old 11-01-2015, 09:46 AM   #6
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

As long as your chassis has the wire harness and throttle, every thing else electric will get replaced and maybe the mcor. Do you need the spares? If it has the obc i would remove it and go dpi.

If you buy a complete cart then upgrade you are spending money on stuff you will store in your garage.

Its really up to you. If you want time to ride and slowly upgrade buy a complete cart until you know what you want to do.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car