lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2016, 10:36 AM   #11
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Had a weird incident, tell me what occurred.

Well maybe there is an issue. This weekend while driving slow and easy through a particularly rocky field it lost power/torque to go forward again. It would go in reverse but wouldn't get over a rock or move forward on the slight incline. Thought I could hear a low whirring or humming sound at first when trying to go forward. Now I did have 300 pounds of corn in the basket in the back, my 180 and my buddies 220 in it but it was on a full charge. After I backed up twenty feet in went on again in forward with no further issues. Drove it another 6 miles or so after that out of the pasture, up and down hills with rough roads, with no issues.
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2016, 10:12 PM   #12
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

No ideas?
Old 07-20-2016, 07:01 AM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Probably an issue at the FNR switch (assuming it is a Series cart).

If You feel heat around the switch when the problem occurs, the issue is likely in the contact pads that are only used for forward.

Otherwise I would look at the half-speed micro-switch for corrosion or loose wires.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:53 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Golf Cart batteries need a bulk charge equal to 10% of their amperage capacity to force the sulfur off the plates and back into the water. Failure to give a strong charge will result in sulfation of lead plates resulting in stagnation & poor performance and a shortened useful life.

What this means is if the batteries do not get stirred up all the good stuff is lying on the bottom or crystallized on the plates which stops other elements from moving in & out of the lead plate storage reducing the chemical reaction.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 11:43 AM   #15
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'll bet when your situation happens your motor and or controller is so hot you would be able to slow cook one of those pigs on it. BTW what kind of motor and controller do you have?
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 12:05 PM   #16
bbbdale
Gone Wild

I also have a 2002 Club Car series cart with 500 amp controller and a Upgraded torque motor. When mine starts to whine its because its hot and about to shut down. If i let it sit a couple minutes I can get going again. Mostly happens when going slow through the woods. I can climb hills fine as long as I have speed.

I think the slow crawling you are going is using a ton of torque and your controller or motor is letting you know. This is why some people choose a gas cart or UTV.
bbbdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 08:22 PM   #17
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

No issues this weekend so far but trying to put in longer runs to kept it cooled off. No heavy loads either.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car