lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2016, 08:50 AM   #11
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Help Identify Solenoid Problem?

Will do and report back.
MyCousinVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2016, 11:10 AM   #12
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Help Identify Solenoid Problem?

I'm feeling pretty stupid about right now because I think I may have misidentified which side was "missing." I pulled the negative wire, cleaned all my connections, etc. and put it back on, and got voltage at the negative small terminal. However, during the process, when pressing the accelerator, I noticed that one of the wire connectors on the microswitch of the potentiometer sparked and then had a small black spot like charring. I then pulled the pot and noticed a much more serious looking spot as show in this picture.

IMG_3619.jpg

The microswitch is fried - has no continuity. Haven't tested the continuity of the black wire in the photo, which goes to the controller because I am not sure what to connect the other end of the voltmeter to.

Is my entire potentiometer fried? Those things are expensive. You can buy a microswitch, but this thing looks like whatever is inside where the black wire goes is also fried.

If you have any ideas, they are much appreciated. Also, any clue as to how this happened? The cart has been sitting for about 10 days with a DPI charger attached. It ran fine before that. Thanks again.
MyCousinVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car