lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2016, 07:51 PM   #1
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Default Very uncooperative 2011 Precedent

Hey guys I'm new to this forum but not to golf carts. I have a cart that I've been working on for weeks now trying to get it to act right. At first when I picked it up it was going about 5 ft then dying. By the time I got it to my shop it was completely dead. I've replaced the controller, solenoid, obc, main wire harness, several different MCOR's, and key switch. This whole time even when I first picked it up it's been throwing "anti tamper faults" and "throttle faults. I finally got it to run and run pretty good but when you physically give 3/4 pedal it's already registering 100% throttle and if you go any further it cuts out completely. I have no other idea what else to do to this...has anyone else experience this before and if so what kind of solutions would you suggest?? ANY info would be greatly appreciated thanks!
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2016, 08:00 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Very uncooperative 2011 Precedent

That can happen if You installed an IQ harness and are using an Excel (Curtis 1515) controller.

Is that the case?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:14 PM   #3
twilliams81
Gone Wild

I honestly do not know the harness came from a local Club Car distributor and the controller is indeed a Curtis 1515-2501. How do I determine what kinda of harness I have? There is a continuity tag on it but that's about all there in terms of labeling. I do notice there is a heavier gauge wire coming out of the harness with a yellow female push connect that I do not have a corresponding connection on the cart from; other than that everything else plugged right up.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:41 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is how to convert the harness, You will need 3 x 453Ω x 1/4watt 1% resistors:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
This information came straight from Club Car...

Cut the black/white wire located in Pin 13 of the controller 16 pin plug approximately 2" from the plug housing

Attach black/white wire to purple/white wire located in Pin 3. Use 3M Scotchlok or equivalent connector.

Install resistors in all three wires of the the 3 pin connector at the MCOR.

The Excel car requires 451 ohm resistors, the IQ car requires none. 451 ohm resistors will be hard to find but Club Car tells me that a 460-470 ohm resistor from Radio Shack will work just as good. I actually had an old Excel harness to rob them from so I used the 451 ohm resistors.

If You are referring to the 10ga black wire with a yellow bullet connector, that is for accessories negative.

Club cars that use the OBC need to have all negative connections coming off controller B- or the accessory wire which is connected to B-.

You should have a single cable on pack negative and it must go through the OBC hole.

Wiring Diagram for Your Controller Pin-out:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...mcor_small.jpg
The actual wiring diagram for the Harness installed on Your Cart:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...09_iq_mcor.jpg

I am surprised the speed sensor worked at all.

Last edited by Sergio; 08-02-2016 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: More Info.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:08 PM   #5
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Great info but honestly how do I know that I don't already have the correct harness? Also if I don't wouldn't it be easier to just get the correct one instead of having to cut wire and add resistors myself? Sorry if this sounds stupid...
Old 08-02-2016, 09:13 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Look at the end of the harness behind the dash. If it's an Excel harness it will have a 4 pin connector that isn't plugged into anything. It'll be directly behind the right side of the center dash compartment. If it's an IQ harness, that plug won't exist.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:23 PM   #7
twilliams81
Gone Wild

I'm assuming you mean the end of the main harness so here is what I got. I literally got this harness today btw.IMG_7633.jpg
Old 08-02-2016, 09:36 PM   #8
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Now that you mention it I went back and looked at the original harness that was on the cart and it DID have that connector you were talking about..IMG_7635.jpg
Old 08-02-2016, 09:40 PM   #9
twilliams81
Gone Wild

So here is where I am....I was using another harness that I had in order to try and get this cart working till the new harness came in. It was giving the full throttle at the right speed but still with the 3/4 pedal issue. NOW I installed this harness today and not only had the 3/4 pedal issue but now the cart is running at 1/2 speed. How likely is it that if I got the correct Excel harness that all my problems would be solved?
Old 08-02-2016, 09:57 PM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

You've got an Excel controller and you're running it off of an IQ wire harness. If you put the Excel harness on it, it should work fine. Or you could do my conversion procedure that Sergio mentioned in post number 4 to convert an IQ wire harness to Excel. Not sure if you're in the market for a controller or not, but an Alltrax XCT will work no matter which harness you're using.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car