lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2016, 07:19 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 85 ds starts moving when you turn key

Yes, I am attaching the inside view. The micro-switch on the longest finger is the master solenoid.

Did you check the voltage in each solenoid coil?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Club_Car_Speed_Box.jpg (215.9 KB, 0 views)
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2016, 07:32 PM   #12
Stroked
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My multimeter is an auto ranging but it read 0 across the board. Although with key off, I hear 4 clicks when I slowly press the throttle down, not 5.
Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:48 PM   #13
Stroked
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

If I turn the key on there's still 0, when I put the cart in forward with the key on, the second solenoid from the drivers side reads 30v which seems weird since its new batteries and they all read 6.2 when I test them individually
Old 10-03-2016, 08:23 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You should have been measuring the voltage from the Pack Negative to each Solenoid small post connected to the micro-switches.

If You have the meter probes on each side of the solenoid coil then the Key switch needs to be ON and the FNR in gear.

IF You get voltage on the small post without pressing the pedal, the corresponding micro-switch needs to be replaced.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:34 PM   #15
Stroked
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I had neg on the post that tied together to all, post to the little posts, with that said I guess it'll be the 2nd solenoid from the drivers side. Would this fix the issue of 4 clicks instead of 5?
Old 10-03-2016, 08:48 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If the throttle linkage is adjusted correctly and the micro-switch is not being depressed when the pedal is UP, then the micro-switch needs to be replaced.

Please Test each solenoid again from pack negative (the negative battery post with the cable connected to the motor).

As it was pointed out before, it takes 2 solenoids closing before the cart would move.

If You only have one that is being activated by the throttle box at Pedal UP (with key ON and FNR in fwd), then You have one more that is welded.

Edit:

If the first Solenoid from the Drivers side (Master) does not have +48v on the small post when Pedal is UP, than it is welded and needs to be replaced.

With the key still OFF and the black meter probe on pack negative, test each solenoid small post connected to the throttle box, make sure they all get +48v when the pedal is pressed.

Replace any micro-switch that does not send +48v to the corresponding Solenoid when the Pedal is pressed.

Edit 2: Yep, all voltage readings should be pack voltage or 36v (My fingers seem to type 48 by default).

Last edited by Sergio; 10-03-2016 at 09:37 PM.. Reason: More info and additional tests.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:04 PM   #17
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Just to correct Sergio (no offence) Voltage reading will be 36volts.

Its a very simple system. Should have 5 clicks. Simplest way to check the solenoids and if micro switches are working is to put the cart in neutral, with your finger activate the micro switch on the F/R switch and slowly step on the accelerator. If you hear micro click but no solenoid click- not good. It will tell you also which solenoid or micro is bad- 30 second test
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:49 AM   #18
Stroked
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

ill have to do that this evening, seems like a simple enough system
Old 10-05-2016, 05:37 PM   #19
Stroked
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

With key on, finger on F/r micro switch, as soon as key is turned on solenoid 1 clicks on. Then the rest come in as throttle is increased.

So am I to assume that the first micro switch is bad? There's been no adjustments made to the throttle linkage,
Old 10-06-2016, 03:12 PM   #20
Stroked
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

is there anywhere you can buy a complete one of those white and red boxes? I guess with the pigtails hanging out of it for the solenoids?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car