lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2017, 05:49 AM   #1
Bruce824
Not Yet Wild

Default Installing Alltrax XCT speed controller

I am in the process of installing a Alltrax speed controller in a 2005 Ezgo cart. I have installed the controller and wired it up. It has a SW 180 solenoid. I'm not sure if I have wires crossed or what. I didn't get any status lights at first, but then it lit up and I didn't get any response from turning on the cart. Now the status lights won't come on. Is it possible that I have burnt the controller up? I tried to follow the schematic. Are there any explicit pics that would show the proper wiring of the controller and solenoid? I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
Bruce824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2017, 06:20 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Installing Alltrax XCT speed controller

Here is a link to the wiring diagram that should help. I seem to remember that it is possible to install one of the plugs incorrectly so check that out. http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/DOC1...S-wire-dia.pdf
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:41 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This controller has reverse polarity protection, so you can't hurt it hooking it up wrong. But, there are other components in the cart that are critical to the operation that do not have such protection.... like the pedal box micro-switch (ms).

The SW180 solenoid is clearly marked + on one big terminal. The battery main cable goes to the big (+) terminal. The small terminals are marked + and -. Be sure your blue or black wire is on the - terminal.

Here are 2 links to 2 installs by me for Ezgo PDS and TXT. I hope this helps.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...s-upgrade.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-upgrades.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:41 AM   #4
Bruce824
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I will check it out.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:03 PM   #5
Bruce824
Not Yet Wild

Here is pics of my installation. Can anyone comment whether I have wired it correctly. I am not getting any status lights. I had status lights one time, but have not had anymore and I have no response from controller.

Bruce824
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XCT controller 1.JPG (139.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg XCT controller 2.JPG (132.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-05-2017, 05:51 AM   #6
fabricator
Getting Wild
Club Car

I'm wondering if the run tow switch is working properly? sounds like something simple to me...Wish I could help more
fabricator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:13 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce824 View Post
Here is pics of my installation. Can anyone comment whether I have wired it correctly. I am not getting any status lights. I had status lights one time, but have not had anymore and I have no response from controller.

Bruce824
In the second picture I see a red wire and a yellow wire going to the solenoid's upper push-on terminal.

Should have the yellow wire only. Where did the red wire come from?

Also, make sure all of the molex plugs are inserted properly and fully. (I had trouble getting then fully seated)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:06 AM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Also if that is the fuse that came with the controller the 4 ga wire needs to moved to connect with the white wire. I don't think your charger needs a 400amp fuse :)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:12 PM   #9
SWFLrunner
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Second on the position of your fuse, it should be inline to the controller from the pack, it's protecting the charge circuit only right now, looks like the one that comes with the kit in the picture.

You have a 3 wire plug dangling? that should be plugged in to J 1 on the the controller I believe.

If the controller is manufactured after Feb 2017 you don't need the resistor on the solenoid only the regen diode on the large posts. Looks like that one is in installed in the right direction.

On Johny's comment on the red wire. On my harness the yellow, blue and red wires come out of the harness at the same spot, before the plug that goes into C1. The red wire from this position goes to the large post positive side of the solenoid. Looks like yours is grafted to the yellow wire?

If this is the case I don't understand where your other red wire came from that you currently have connected to the solenoid??
SWFLrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:16 AM   #10
Bruce824
Not Yet Wild

I finally got my newly installed Alltrax XCT controller operational. Once I drove the cart, I have no more speed than the previous stock controller, top end speed 7 mph. The cart still has the stock motor in it. It is a 2005 Ezgo. When I ordered the controller, I was under the impression that even with the stock motor that I would get increased speed. Any suggestions or solutions?

Thanks in advance.
Bruce824
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO