lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #21
djhartley2003
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What Im starting with

I figured out what i have in the cart as far as steering goes. It is from a 1973 - 94 Marathon. I think this is what the original cart is from the pictures that had what i think was a Marathon body on it. So I know what i need to make the steering work now. If I have time today I am going to a shop not far from my house and see if they have a steering column assembly, reduction gear and a steering shaft if the one i have wont work in the new column. If I can get these parts I will be able to move it around a lot easier to start working on it. This will also be my first fix on the cart. If I cant get out to the shop today it will have to be next week.

this is out of a catalog I got a hold of and I was able to figure out my steering.
4-18-2009 11;22;38 AM.jpg
djhartley2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2009, 01:05 PM   #22
djhartley2003
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Over the weekend a friend of mine came by to see the cart i got. Well it turns out that I really had no idea what i was looking at. As he is going threw everything he tells me that i have everything I need to get it running as far as electric components go. It is a resister system and i have all of it. There are still a few things that I have to work out like the steering but I figured some of that out this weekend. I have to find a steering column for a marathon. I am getting my batteries and then the dirty work starts. Does any one know a good place in Southern California to find older parts. Any suggestions would be great.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:52 PM   #23
djhartley2003
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well its been a while since I posted in this thread. I have made a lot of progress and thought I would throw some new stuff in here.

A little recap. This is the original cart I started with.
P4150645.jpg

Then I found and was able to pick this up for $100.
Picture 001.jpg

Now after some cutting and mashing this is what I have come up with. There is still a lot of work to do but I drove it on Sunday. I have about $700 into it for everything.
IMAG0147.jpg
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO