lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Anybody put a ST or Workhorse style brush guard on a TXT?

Has anyone tried it? Wondering how it would look. Photos if you got em!
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2011, 11:45 AM   #2
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anybody put a ST or Workhorse style brush guard on a TXT?

Here ya' go

LizardLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

I actually didn't realize when the cart shop put it on when I first bought the buggie that the brush guard wasnt actually for a TXT. But, I kind of like it, so it stayed. Up until I added the KC's it worked great for storing bungie cords! Now I have to find a new spot.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #4
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Lizard ! It looks good. I'm at the fork in the road right now...I can either go with custom paint and take it that route, or I can leave it "natural color" and go with the off road look with all black accessories, flares, and bolt on steel....I'm leaning tword the country boy look.
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:07 PM   #5
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

The way I drive mine through the woods, I just can't bring myself to do any type of custom paint. The first time I'm running down a trail and a tree is down, and I have to make my own trail to get around - nah, I'll just scratch up the basic green

I had to run around 5 or 6 downed trees the last time I went out to the camp - with a custom paint job I would have been turning around on a few of them

On a side note, I was surprised the amount of brush/greenery/thickets that this thing would climb through One of the trees I just decided to jump over - climbed it like a monkey, although the landing on the other side was rather jarring Tree was probably 15" around - to the point of being concerned about high centering. This is when I first discovered that on occasion things will hit your accelerator and/or brake pedal linkages underneath when you least expect it
Old 08-15-2011, 12:30 PM   #6
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardLeg View Post
On a side note, I was surprised the amount of brush/greenery/thickets that this thing would climb through One of the trees I just decided to jump over - climbed it like a monkey, although the landing on the other side was rather jarring Tree was probably 15" around - to the point of being concerned about high centering. This is when I first discovered that on occasion things will hit your accelerator and/or brake pedal linkages underneath when you least expect it

Yep those darn things will get in the way!
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #7
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

I don't think it was the log itself, but one of the branches, that hit the throttle linkage. Nothing bent and everythingn still worked fine. But I was trying to ease over the tree and all of a sudden I'm airborne - yeehaw! Had to act like I meant to do it though since Mrs. Lizard Leg was riding with me. She wasn't too thrilled about the abrupt thud on the other side of the tree - she mentioned something about her posterior and needing more cushioning on the seats if I'm going to drive like that (laughing while she said it thank goodness!). Being the true gentleman that I am, I offered to kiss it and make it better

On a side note about brushguards, etc. - has anyone checked out the new sponsor - outback fabricators? I am in love with that sports cage

http://www.outbackfabricators.com/
Old 08-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #8
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardLeg View Post
On a side note about brushguards, etc. - has anyone checked out the new sponsor - outback fabricators? I am in love with that sports cage

http://www.outbackfabricators.com/

I did not know we had a new sponsor
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:48 PM   #9
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

Man, if that cage had a hard plastic roof/cover like a Rhino or similar to the stock roof - I'd probably get myself in trouble and order one now. I'm old - I don't mind hunting in the rain at all - but when I'm riding too and from the stands, having a roof over my head is nice! Plus when it starts pouring, I just walk out and sit on the buggie and watch the deer walk around me

Club rules - can't shoot deer from ANY vehicle - trucks, buggies, 4 wheelers, etc. and I think they know it!
Old 08-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #10
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thats Xtremecarts site. He's been here a long time doing builds on his carts.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO