lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2011, 03:05 PM   #11
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What do I have

What Manufacturer are the batteries in it now?
If they are the Trojan then on the post is a letter number. What is stamped on it?

You can call local cart shops who may have some used batteries for sale at a discount.

If you plan to keep it I would get a new set of Trojans depending on what we find out about those batteries.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2011, 05:35 PM   #12
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I didn't know the made a PDS before 2001.5???
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #13
rsjohnsn
Not Yet Wild

They have 4 Champion and 2 Energizer batteries. I will get more info off of it this evening. My dad has worked on it today and the batteries are taking a charge. I know he has charged 3 or 4 individually so far but we'll see. He also stated that he wasn't getting anything out of the charger except maybe 1 volt. What should the charger be putting out and is there anything I can check on it? Does it have to be connected to the batteries before it will charge?

Thanks Guys
Scott
rsjohnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:49 PM   #14
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Yes, the charger needs to see the pack before it will engage. This is a safety thing.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:15 PM   #15
rsjohnsn
Not Yet Wild

Ok, I was right on the batteries and yes they are all taking a charge. With everything wired as it is supposed to be, I am getting 26 volts with each not fully charged showing 4-5 volts. I am not however getting anything out of the charger. I took everything apart and cleaned all connections with no luck. I can only get the 26 volts even with the charger connected. I get no lights or noise of any kind out of the charger either. I didn't get the name off the charger but I am sure someone will know what I am describing. The charger looks ancient with a amp meter in top right corner and a bunch of lights in a row from top to bottom on the left that states how many hours until full charge with the very top light being green for power. While I had all the connectors apart I noticed a magnet and a switch that triggered the safety switch when connected or I assume that is what it is for. I know that there are diagrams on here but could someone point me to the correct one for my model, remember I'm a newbie!

Thanks Alot
Scott
Old 08-15-2011, 10:19 PM   #16
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

There is a threshold pack voltage to trigger the charger. It is usually quoted as 28 volts. You are not there yet. Is there another 36v cart nearby? You could "jump" the pack with cables and the charger will then engage and bring the pack up to the proper voltage (assuming the batteries can actually get that high).
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:25 PM   #17
rsjohnsn
Not Yet Wild

I didn't know that they had to get to 28 or better. I will charge some more tonight and see how they do. Thanks again!!

Scott
Old 08-15-2011, 10:34 PM   #18
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltf1991 View Post
I didn't know the made a PDS before 2001.5???
The PDS model came out in 2000 although there was a test version (using a different F&R setup) that I believe showed a debut in 1999.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:47 PM   #19
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I know I was kidding because he asked if the f&r was on the dash or by the knee and we are talking about a 1998 cart here. lol SORRY
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO