lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
jereosbou
Not Yet Wild

Default please dont read this. and if you do dont respond .

93 ezgo
good pot box
good batteries

only goes really slow then will cut out if you try to go faster.

somewhere in the 500 ohms from the pot box it cuts off.

help?
controller checks good according to all tests on here but obviously somethings awry.
jereosbou is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2011, 05:58 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: please dont read this. and if you do dont respond .

Okay
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:04 PM   #3
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Allright.........I closed my eyes.
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #4
jereosbou
Not Yet Wild

two responses in under an hour when i specifically asked not to get them but yesterday posted a thread on the same issue asking for help and no response. isnt life funny. people are more willing to be silly then helpful lol.

anyway im 90 percent sure my controller is bad so went to local cart store today and guess what? the guy not only didnt have anything in stock he didnt understand what i was talking about when i said mine is pre 94 he kept trying to sell me a pds controller.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:14 PM   #5
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The 2 guys that responded are 2 of the most helpful and knowledgeable people on this board. But if you are going to be a smartass you will not get any help. Just FYI.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This is a volunteer site. If anybody is giving advice it is unpaid for... so is their time.
Too bad you didn't get the service you expected of us. I did respond to your other thread which was less stupid. You can bet some people will not be anxious to help with this kind of an attitude.

Welcome to BGW!
If you don't get along here, where are you gonna go? Your dealer knows nothing
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #7
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

calm down boy. some of us work for a living. others, well, drink for recreation, so we are not available 24/7.. we will respond to a question when our time allows.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:40 PM   #8
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
This is a volunteer site. If anybody is giving advice it is unpaid for... so is their time.
Too bad you didn't get the service you expected of us. I did respond to your other thread which was less stupid. You can bet some people will not be anxious to help with this kind of an attitude.

Welcome to BGW!
If you don't get along here, where are you gonna go? Your dealer knows nothing
beggers can't be choosers.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:48 PM   #9
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

I'm always happy to help, just don't know squat about about sparkies......
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:04 PM   #10
jereosbou
Not Yet Wild

**** you people are excitable and some of you are looking for reasons to get upset lol. (lol means laugh out loud meaning im not serious about what im saying.) anyway scottyb i got your answer after you posted it after you posted here. i dont think that is the case though because the guy who i bought the cart from used to run it with the exisitng controller and old pot box. the old pot box performs just like my new one meaning it rises from 0 to 5000 ohms smoothly but just for kicks i thought id try to try it in reverse. so follow me on this. i held pedal all the way down making 5000 ohms. pressed the micro switch so it thought it was off then turned on the key and released micro switch. this in my mind should allow the controller to see 5000 at start and as i let pedal off slowly return to 0 so if it was a 5000 to 0 controller that should have worked? but what it idd was nothing. then when i let pedal all the way up and started to depress it forwards again it accelerated but again cut off very early in the throttle curve. so i know that doesnt simulate the other throttle options but shoudl cut out the possibility of it being a reverse one... i cant seem to find a serial number or anything on the controller is there a general spot on the curtis ones where they appear so i could try to better i dentify it. im pretty sure its a 1204 formt he pictures ive seen and description on the curtis website but i dont know im lost... as far as replacements. am i better getting this one rebuilt? or just buying like one of the axe 300 amps i found one new for 340 shipped and it seems pretty fair to me.
any thoughts?

Tags
controller, cuts out, motor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO