lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #11
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

Default Re: please dont read this. and if you do dont respond .

Quote:
**** you people are excitable and some of you are looking for reasons to get upset lol. (lol means laugh out loud meaning im not serious about what im saying.) anyway scottyb i got your answer after you posted it after you posted here. i dont think that is the case though because the guy who i bought the cart from used to run it with the exisitng controller and old pot box. the old pot box performs just like my new one meaning it rises from 0 to 5000 ohms smoothly but just for kicks i thought id try to try it in reverse. so follow me on this. i held pedal all the way down making 5000 ohms. pressed the micro switch so it thought it was off then turned on the key and released micro switch. this in my mind should allow the controller to see 5000 at start and as i let pedal off slowly return to 0 so if it was a 5000 to 0 controller that should have worked? but what it idd was nothing. then when i let pedal all the way up and started to depress it forwards again it accelerated but again cut off very early in the throttle curve. so i know that doesnt simulate the other throttle options but shoudl cut out the possibility of it being a reverse one... i cant seem to find a serial number or anything on the controller is there a general spot on the curtis ones where they appear so i could try to better i dentify it. im pretty sure its a 1204 formt he pictures ive seen and description on the curtis website but i dont know im lost... as far as replacements. am i better getting this one rebuilt? or just buying like one of the axe 300 amps i found one new for 340 shipped and it seems pretty fair to me.
any thoughts?
man break that sucker up into paragraphs or something. I just see a blur
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2011, 10:41 PM   #12
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Grammar Nazi is on his way.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:23 PM   #13
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jereosbou View Post
**** you people are excitable and some of you are looking for reasons to get upset lol....
don't **** around with cyber golf carts gangs!

personally, i enjoyed your little psychology experiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jereosbou View Post
any thoughts?
sounds like the controller... if you just want the cart to move, get the entry level alltrax. if you plan on doing any upgrading, get the largest controller you can afford!

if you decide to get rid of your broken 1204, i might be interested in it for parts if the price is right....
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:48 PM   #14
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Good thing I ignored this thread......
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:16 PM   #15
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Good thing I ignored this thread......
Me too Is it out of gas?
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:58 PM   #16
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #17
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Angry Re: please dont read this. and if you do dont respond .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRacing75 View Post
man break that sucker up into paragraphs or something. I just see a blur
Seriously Dude! What type of throttle do you have??? If it is an ITS, then you won't be able to use a 5k-0 or a 0-5k controller. Give us some more info, or go to bed and buy a new cart in the morning. Don't call the members here "sensitive" they have helped more people than you could ever hope to know, and they do it from the goodness of their hearts, not for gain or prestige. This isn't a site full of a bunch of punk kids, these guys and gals love having fun with their carts and helping each other out. Do some searches, and get your facts ready. Reading some of the other's experiences here might solve your problem without you ever having to ask for help. Lazy is as Lazy does!!! Sorry if I offended anyone, but this is just one of many posts that need some serious attention and education.
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:41 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcitech View Post
Seriously Dude! What type of throttle do you have??? If it is an ITS, then you won't be able to use a 5k-0 or a 0-5k controller. Give us some more info, or go to bed and buy a new cart in the morning. Don't call the members here "sensitive" they have helped more people than you could ever hope to know, and they do it from the goodness of their hearts, not for gain or prestige. This isn't a site full of a bunch of punk kids, these guys and gals love having fun with their carts and helping each other out. Do some searches, and get your facts ready. Reading some of the other's experiences here might solve your problem without you ever having to ask for help. Lazy is as Lazy does!!! Sorry if I offended anyone, but this is just one of many posts that need some serious attention and education.
I love your approach but you don't follow direction very well
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #19
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I love your approach but you don't follow direction very well
Sorry, I'm one bottle of wine and two beers into my working weekend, and the outlook isn't sunny.
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:02 AM   #20
jereosbou
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcitech View Post
okay once again for those who didnt read it before due to my poor grammar and lack of paragraphs. it is a 0-5k throttle because the cart used to work with the current controller and a 0-5k pot box. then without changing anything it doesnt work anymore. which lead to the bad pot box theory. but after checking pot box it is not the problem and even after confirming it worked right i still replaced it with a new one just for good measure.

p.s. i searched under cuts out, controller ,pot box, slow, etc. spent about 12 hours reading posts before ever posting. one guy had a similair problem on the low end. and it turned out after he replaced his controller the problem went away . the possible solutions given to him were pot box and that it could be a bad forward reverse switch that kicked out of contact under higher loads.

about two dozen people had it cut out at about 3/4 throttle and all of them turned out to be bad potentiometer.

anyway ive pmed a guy about buying my old controller for parts and decided to buy the basic alltrax.

i will report back in the end as to wether or not that cures my problem.

p.p.s. sensitive is he best term for people like you a fellow who asks me to have my facts right but hasnt read the entire thread himself .

p.p.p.s. thanks again for the help from anyone who tried . some mysteries are just beyond the power of man to unravel and so im going to get the new controller.
jereosbou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller, cuts out, motor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO