lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
deerhunter88
Getting Wild

Default Amp meter jumps on DPI charger

I plugged the cart back in today and after a few minutes i heard the charger start sounding different. Like it had a pulse. When i went look at it the amp meter was moving back and fourth pretty quick but staying under 5 amps. I put the volt meter on the cart and noticed a .1 increase then .1 decrease with every pulse from the charger. I never heard the charger sound like this before.
deerhunter88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2012, 06:05 AM   #2
deerhunter88
Getting Wild

Default Re: Amp meter jumps on DPI charger

This morning i noticed the charger is showing complete but every 5 secs the amp meter jumps to right below 5 amps really quick then back to 0. Does this every 5 secs or so. Anyone experience anything like this?
Old 07-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #3
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I think you should try the charger on the batteries only by disconnecting the Pos. + cable from the controller, then try the charger to see if the strange behavior still exists. (Make sure you put the run/tow switch in tow before you do the disconnect.) If the strange behavior still exists charging the pack only, I would contact DPI to see what they say. Also, might be good to check your total pack voltage and compare it to the SOC chart to see what voltage your charger is bringing the pack up to. I have a feeling you may be having a charger problem. Good luck - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #4
deerhunter88
Getting Wild

Thanks, my cart does not have a tow run switch. While charger is showing complete the pack voltage is just under 53V
Old 07-30-2012, 09:16 PM   #5
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Did you try charging the batteries disconnected from the cart, so you can rule out the cart as causing the problem?? A 48 volt pack will read 50.93 volts at 100% SOC. This reading will be 50.47 volts at 90% SOC. These readings should be taken after 12 hrs rest after removing the charger. i think you took your reading when fresh off the charger. I am not familiar with DPI chargers but just trying to help you sort things out. Once you are sure the charger is acting up, I think DPI will help you out.- RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:23 AM   #6
deerhunter88
Getting Wild

Thanks, i gave it a good charge last night and unplugged it before i left for work this morning so i can see what the voltage is after 12 hours of rest.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO