lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1993 Marathon Key Switch Wires Melting

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
Just say no Scotty. Admitting you have a problem is the first step...
NOooooo
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #12
kittcart
Not Yet Wild

Actually, I just removed the longer set of wires from the F&R switch entirely. The shorter set of wires remains on pin 2 and 3 of the controller.

Although I am no electrician, my understanding, from speaking with the folks at Alltrax, is that the controller sense the amount of Ohms, and that is what controls its output. Under that framework, more Ohms would equal more power. . .no?

One missing piece of info is that the F&R switch upgrade that I received had a single M/S where the EZGO diagram shows a double M/S, and it was wired directly to the M/S on the other side of the F&R that is connected to the key switch circuit, so when I connected the second set of Pot wires, the ohms were transmitted into the key switch circuit.
kittcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittcart View Post
Actually, I just removed the longer set of wires from the F&R switch entirely. The shorter set of wires remains on pin 2 and 3 of the controller.

Although I am no electrician, my understanding, from speaking with the folks at Alltrax, is that the controller sense the amount of Ohms, and that is what controls its output. Under that framework, more Ohms would equal more power. . .no?
NO. the controller is programmed to send current 0-max relative to the input signal of 0-5k signal over 5k is of no greater value than 5k in fact a signal of 6k+ may be read as no signal at all?
One missing piece of info is that the F&R switch upgrade that I received had a single M/S where the EZGO diagram shows a double M/S, and it was wired directly to the M/S on the other side of the F&R that is connected to the key switch circuit, so when I connected the second set of Pot wires, the ohms were transmitted into the key switch circuit.
Your F&F sounds like it is set up for a TXT, remove the jumper wire between the 2 micro switches for a marathon. Only the one switch is needed to run - the second one is for the pot wires to activate 1/2 speed reverse.
Hope this helps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #14
kittcart
Not Yet Wild

Well, then I still don't know how the key switch circuit was blowing up. Could it have been from the two M/S at the F&R being connected? Also, does the single vs. double M/S make any difference?
kittcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO