lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #11
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 TXT pedal not responding sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfro View Post
Several of the battery cables sparked when while they were being taken off and put back on, but I thought this was normal?
I have never had any of my cables spark when removing or replacing them. I won't say this is a problem with yours, but I'm sure someone else will know better than I. I think it could be quite dangerous to have sparking of any kind near the batteries!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

While you're waiting on your microswitch to arrive, you might take a few seconds and let your son know what the solenoid click sounds like, since he seems to experience this more than you. Might help trouble-shooting.

As to half speed, I'm assuming yours has an ITS, since that's what my 98 TXT has. You could be having two different problems.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
I have never had any of my cables spark when removing or replacing them. I won't say this is a problem with yours, but I'm sure someone else will know better than I. I think it could be quite dangerous to have sparking of any kind near the batteries!
I've never paid attention to mine. Was it a BIG spark, or small? Kinda hard to define, I know, but did you see and hear a big snap?

Possibly the precharge resister could allow enough current to create a small spark if the controller caps were discharged enough?

Did it spark while disconnecting or just while reconnecting?
Old 08-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #14
redfro
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

The terminals just had small sparks when being removed moslty. The first ones did it mainly while I was loosening the nut on the battery terminal.
redfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:30 AM   #15
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

That kills my theory, as the precharge resistor should keep the controller capacitors fully charged while cables are connected. I would have expected any sparking to occur while reconnecting, after the cables had been disconnected for a while.

I wouldn't worry about it having caused the problem at this point. We'll know more after you replace the microswitch. Like you say, it is 15 years old.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO