lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
macrain13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Remove DCS???

This may be a stupid question, but I've searched for hours and can't find any info on it...
I found a good deal on a TXT DCS cart. I am wanting to build a hunting buggy but everyone says to steer away from DCS for that purpose. But apparently no one in Alabama sells "project" type carts they may have, or just don't know how to use Craigslist..... But this is the first decent cart I've found in months to use for my project.
So is there a way to upgrade the "drivetrain" to eliminate the DCS feature and make it reliable for my intended use???
macrain13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2012, 06:52 AM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Remove DCS???

Can be done but it can also be pricey, talk to Scottyb on here at cartsunlimited for packages and upgrade prices and options.
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We had a couple off DCS carts on the ranch. They are good carts, just slightly misunderstood. The early Sepex drive cart produces more torque than the later PDS and more speed than the Series carts. The orig. Curtis control had no low voltage protection and so people who ran the batteries low got a nasty surprise... the controller would go up in smoke . But along came Alltrax with a bigger control with programmable low voltage cut off (like all the other carts) and now all is good, grab the cart and proceed with your build, in my opinion.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
macrain13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys, Scotty I sent you an email about some options from you. Thanks again
Old 08-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
macrain13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Well it seems I have lucked up with my cart. I went to pick up the cart mentioned for $300 with only needing batteries and the floor throttle microswitch. It is a 99 ezgo txt dcs. Then he asked me if i was interested in his other, exact same cart but everything in great working order for $600. So I came home with two carts, two 36v chargers, and an extra set of wheels and tires.
While checking out the good cart when I got home, I found that it already had an Alltrax DCX300 controller in it. It runs great.
Now my next questions is what to do with the spare cart?? Sell as it, fix and sell, keep for parts, or part it out. It has a decent body, good top and seats. And of course, I am only going by his word that nothing else is wrong with it other than batteries and floor microswitch....
I guess its a good problem to have.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #6
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If it were mine I'd put the batteries from the good cart in it to see if it will run...then decide if it's worth fixing...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO