lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #1
Hamnut
Not Yet Wild

Default Delta-Q 48 volt charger 915-4810

I have a 2009 RXV EZGO golf cart. The cart works great but the charger says it has an internal fault. It is a Power Wise QE unit made by Delta Q. It is a smart chager, micrprocessor controller, switching power supply. When I plug it in it flashes red 6 times. I have worked on electronics in the past and I opened the unit up to check fuses etc. The big problem I am having is that the main power components do not have any numbers on them. I can guess what they should be but it is a guess. Can anyone help? Any suggestions? I made a linear charger to get me by but it would be nice to get this one going. Thanks
Hamnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Delta-Q 48 volt charger 915-4810

I went the same route you are going right now. I also wasn't able to get any information to help with mine either . I had the same error message as you, except mine was a 36 volt unit and it looked perfect inside. I was able to come up with an older 36 volt Powerwise ferroresonant charger and I transferred the charge plug and cable over from the QE. The QE is basically a very expensive throwaway charger. I may pull it out again to see if there are any "goodies" inside for future projects. It is really a shame that there has been no effort to provide repair facilities or repair information for these chargers. I believe you are on your own with this one. - good luck - RAY

PS: Let us know if you come up with any information.
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:57 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Do yourself a favor and avoid all the stress, frustration and anger that charger will cause and get something like this.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/48v_Battery_Charger.html
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:07 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I asked my Ezgo Dealer about repairs for these chargers and his remark was to put it in the pile with 50 others in the back.
Even the dealers are at a loss to fix these things!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:27 AM   #5
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Save the heatsink to mount your controller on and use what's left for a rifle target!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
............use what's left for a rifle target!
Not only is that a waste of good lead, I wouldn't waste the time or energy needed to carry it downrange far enough to use a rifle.

However, I might use the cord to twirl it in the air like a Perdida and get it to fly far enough downrange to use some "Green" bullets in a snub nosed revolver.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO