lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 7/8 lock nut and cotter-pin on steering rack?

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-steering.html
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #12
lawnripper
“I don’t feel tardy”

E-Z-GO

cool thanks for the link. I'm looking forward to picking up some replacement parts as soon as I can afford them. For now I have been going over the whole cart getting to know it and when greasing the front end I noticed that bolt was a bit loose. My steering (although way better after greasing) feels a little sloppy.
lawnripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

What year do you have? Mine was a 1998, so it's been around the block a few times. The rack and pinion and that big bushing helped a LOT.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #14
lawnripper
“I don’t feel tardy”

E-Z-GO

it's a 2000 2x2 shuttle PDS totally stock. Pretty sure this one has spent most of it's life on a private community golf coarse by the ocean. Now the poor thing is driving on terrain it is not really designed for plus the tires are bare...

I should post a pic.. you'd laugh.. but its all we got right now besides our bikes & feet.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #15
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Reason I'm asking is a golf course buggy likely has more miles on it than a "consumer" buggy. I'd consider going straight to the last purchase on my link. The rack and pinion were well worn, but there were some internal bushings that aren't sold separately, and that would be hard to replace.

Steering gets a lot more use than you might think, as you're constantly making small corrections to go straight. I wish I had taken a photo of my rack. It was noticeably worn in the middle, even without a straight edge.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #16
lawnripper
“I don’t feel tardy”

E-Z-GO

right on, yea I am basically going thru the whole thing as good as I can and then deciding what should be done 1st. Right now the tires are shot so I am going with tires.

I just took off the front plastic guard and got a better look at everything.
Snugged up that big bolt a bit...feels solid up there.... I noticed that there are to ball joints underneath in the middle that are pretty worn out and will have to be replaced soon....the bolts were really loose and there was a lot of play there in all directions. I tightend those up a bit and filled em with marine grease. Along with all the other grease fittings... big difference.. way more solid and not as grabby on the road. Maybe I should make a list of priorities and get some opinions here about what I should/can tackle 1st.

Thanks again Yurtle!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO