lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #11
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Default Re: Longest last tires??

suppa - alignment is not as hard as it looks at first.

I had the same issue - be sure to check your tire pressure pronto. You don't want to be over 15 psi max. More air makes go go, yes. but makes tires no no..

Take the steering wheel off to start so you don't go nuts trying to get it lined up, too simple to just put on straight then trying to align to steering wheel.

once wheel off loosed your tie rod bolts, 4 total and easier then you may think. From that point on it's just righty and lefty to turn tires in and out.

I had a real BEAR of a time doing this, but the board helped a lot.

Also, if you don't have a jack and stands get them - much cheaper to rotate tires then replace. Fronts also wear faster due to turning.

I'd suggest putting fronts in rear and vice versa, align, take down psi and see how long they last before starting all over with new rubber.

you'll get it figured out man - everything with these carts seems hard at first, but when broken down they are really very simple machines

BGW will lead the way, just trust and follow. JohnnieB is a freakin well of information (I think it's just an avatar connected to thousands of pages of saved data to be honest with you)
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dela View Post
.............JohnnieB is a freakin well of information (I think it's just an avatar connected to thousands of pages of saved data to be honest with you)
I've been called worse things.

Never counted the pages, but my stash does take over 2Gb of disk space.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #13
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #14
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

" Sup ", one other thing to check is the rear axle u-bolts. I forgot to mention that before. If they become loose the axle will shift around causing wear to the tires.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #15
suppavillin
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
" Sup ", one other thing to check is the rear axle u-bolts. I forgot to mention that before. If they become loose the axle will shift around causing wear to the tires.
Yeah, this is a much bigger problem than I thought, I am in a situation where this is my "car" right now, I cant have anyone fix major problems and I dont really know how to do this kind of stuff,I mean I would imagine it would need to be lifted up to get under there. I was hopeing I just had bad luck with tire brands but I relize now that is not the case. I am hopeing that they do not pop like the other times. They get bald to the point of the metal mesh showing than they pop and the hole is too big to plug usually. I do my work from the computer and I get my food from a deli outside my development. haha, I havent left the development it a very long time,lucky for me it is very big and there are things to do in here. But the cart is a must,without it I cant go dump trash and I cant go get food without a very, very, very long long walk.
Again I thank everyone for there input and help, although I never really found out what is wrong with it in other areas,the fact that you guys gave me sudjestions it caused me to go tinker with it and I got it working without knowing really what I even did. I just took cables of and put them back on,a little cleaning and it works. If I start having more issues ill take some better pics and if I find out what is wrong,ill post what the smokeing gun was. Thanks guys
suppavillin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO