lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #11
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Melted Terminal

Make sure the post and cable terminal are cleaned to bright metal where they contact each other. Also if you have another wire connector on the same post, the cable from the other batteries should be the first one placed on the post. This way the heavy current goes directly to the cable and not through a little ring connector first.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #12
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

I would put a new ring terminal on your lights connection wire too. There is no need to scrimp $2 for a package of ring terminals if it can save a $150 battery.

It appears that something was or maybe still will be loose. Ribs links are the right and last choice to save your situation from replacement.

Good luck to you.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #13
suppavillin
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey guys, I just wanted to update incase anyone else has this problem.
I used bakeing soda an war water and cleaned everything really good and even sanded the terminal that was giving me issues. I than put everything back on nice and tight and it has been running good. Hopefully it lasts.
suppavillin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, problems
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO