lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Pictures of 8 6 volts in TXT

If I get a few minutes this weekend I will drop a battery and modified mount in the project cart and measure the distance between the bottom of the plate and the battery.. stay tuned
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #12
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
If I get a few minutes this weekend I will drop a battery and modified mount in the project cart and measure the distance between the bottom of the plate and the battery.. stay tuned
That's great!
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
Also, how is the best way to figure out how much more capacity or run I will have with 8 t-105s compared to 6 T-875?
Mathematically, you'd get about 33% more capacity, but the actual run-time increase would be longer because you wouldn't be hitting the 225AH batteries as hard as the 170AH batteries.

For example: If your average current while cruising is 75A, it would be a 0.44C discharge rate (44% of AH capacity) for the T-875 (170AH) batteries and a 0.33C discharge rate (33% of AH capacity) with the T-105 (225AH) batteries.

Basically, the faster you draw current from a battery, the less current you can draw for the battery. (Peukert's law)

Also, unless you start going on longer rides, you probably won't be discharging the 225AH battery pack as deeply, so it will have a longer lifespan since average SoC determines the number of charge cycle available.

Here is a little chart I put together showing the storage capacity for 48V packs made with the various Trojan batteries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48V Battery pack kWh.JPG (44.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #14
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Mathematically, you'd get about 33% more capacity, but the actual run-time increase would be longer because you wouldn't be hitting the 225AH batteries as hard as the 170AH batteries.

For example: If your average current while cruising is 75A, it would be a 0.44C discharge rate (44% of AH capacity) for the T-875 (170AH) batteries and a 0.33C discharge rate (33% of AH capacity) with the T-105 (225AH) batteries.

Basically, the faster you draw current from a battery, the less current you can draw for the battery. (Peukert's law)

Also, unless you start going on longer rides, you probably won't be discharging the 225AH battery pack as deeply, so it will have a longer lifespan since average SoC determines the number of charge cycle available.

Here is a little chart I put together showing the storage capacity for 48V packs made with the various Trojan batteries.

Thanks Johnnie!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:39 PM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
OK, dropped the modded plate in there and had 11.5 inches from the edge of the feet to the head of the bolts holding the tray in at the front. With the angle, got 3.5 inches of depth from the front edge to the plate. Measured one of my 6 volts and it was 10 inches so 1.5 inches extra room..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #16
porthole
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
There it is I was determined to show how Western could have improved their 8/6v layout by fitting both the 8th battery and the F&R on the passenger side.
I played hell getting it to fit in there and work well in the space provided. I shortened up the pivot shaft on the F&R and made some linkage changes before it worked. But it works like a dream and is still one of the easiest shifting F&Rs on any series cart. The batteries I used were extra tall T245.
Where did the controller end up?
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #17
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Question... Is the battery hold down that is circled in Yellow, is that just a piece of angle iron?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg batteries.jpg (192.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

No it's hard plastic, same as the other hold downs.
Next question, I don't know where to get it but I see it in ezgo industrials too.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:40 PM   #19
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks to all that replied to this thread. Well I got it all converted today.... Here is how I went about add my 8 batteries.

The drivers side extra battery was easy. I simply used two 11.5" Club Car Battery bolts and fed them up through the floor panel. I found a source for the LONG EZGO hard plastic angle-iron to hold it securely in place.

On the controller side, I took everything out and shaved the rear feet off of the controller mounting plate and slid the plate back as far as it would go, drilling new holes for the bolts.

As far as the controller side battery, I used 1.5" perforated square tube to set the battery on and secure it. The perforated square tube made it easy to use the same Club Car Battery bolts to hold it in place. I had planned to tack weld the tube the pan but then went a slightly different route. I marked the pan, and drilled holes in the pan that match the holes in the tube.

I decided to bolt the tube the floor instead of welding it so it could be removed later (don't know why it would ever be removed but hey). So I used four 3/8" x 1" bolts, put them in the tube and tack welded the bolts to the tube so they would not spin when securing them.

So the battery and controller fit in nicely, but I needed to figure out what to do with the solenoid, so I fabricated a bracket to mount the solenoid to the controller holes. Worked out quite well.

Here are the pics. Thanks...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0430.jpg (422.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0432.jpg (262.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0433.jpg (268.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0434.jpg (330.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0436.jpg (401.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #20
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

A few more...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0437.jpg (350.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0438.jpg (355.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0440.jpg (286.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0441.jpg (239.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0442.jpg (294.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO