lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2013, 05:59 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: wont travel forward, 98' txt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnysmith View Post
Men do you think he should try the black / white swap ? before he buys a controller. there is also the joint or wire connections inside the wiring harness.
Just a though.

sonny
If the symptoms indicated the potential of a throttle issue in both directions, yes the ITS would be suspect.
However, the wheels spin in both directions when they are off the ground and the cart only moves backwards when on the ground.
The motor "rattles and shakes" when the cart is trying to move forward and the solenoid is getting hot.

Given those symptoms with a Sepex motor, my guess is that there is current flow through the armature (Solenoid getting hot) , but little if any through the field windings (motor not turning) and the direction and amount of current flow though the field windings is controlled by the controller. Being a SepEx system (SEParately EXcited), the field current is controlled by the controller separately from the current that flows through the armature, which flows in same direction whether the motor spins clockwise or counterclockwise. This combination indicates the controller is not doing what it is being told to do and may be bad.

Of course, the aforementioned is conjecture, so hands on testing is needed to prove the controller bad, or good.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2013, 06:17 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sako1978 View Post
Sonny are you talking about the two wires on the controller that run to the motor!
The black and white wires (Pins 1 and 2 on controller) go to the ITS throttle and there is an in-line connector that causes problems with it.
Since the cart runs normally in reverse, the throttle is most likely okay.

If you switch the heavy wires (8 or 10 ga) connected to the F1 and F2 terminals on the controller, the cart should run normally forward and misbehave in reverse, the opposite of what it is doing now.

If it does, you've proven the controller is bad.

However, there is still one loose end to tie up. From what you've said, I'm pretty sure the solenoid clicks in both F and R, but to be sure, please verify that it does.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #14
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

That's right. When mine does this,that's what I try first. Second,Is try to see if the wires or corroded in the wiring harness.This connection is located about 2" or so from the mico switch on the passenger side It's were 4 wires connect,all red. I have found out the hard way on DCS carts that is or can be a bad connection.
You can get better advice than from me,but it's something to look at.

Sonny
sonnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You got that right Sonny. Always check all the possibilities.

If you cannot prove something is bad, eliminate what can be proven good.

Sometimes my techno-babble overshadows the few social skills I possess, so if I bad-mouthed you, I didn't intend to. I was just trying to explain how I arrived at the conclusions I was reaching.

Hopefully there are no hard feelings.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #16
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm to old to be offend,well on most things and certainly not by someone of your knowledge. I all ways pass to someone of or with more knowledge.Just keep helping all of the good people on this forum. It's nice to read all your post even if I don't understand some of it.

Sonny
sonnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #17
sako1978
Not Yet Wild

So I switched the f1 and f2 and the cart is working in forward properly. Reverse is a no go.
sako1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Controller is bad.

This would be a good time to upgrade to an aftermarket controller and get more speed and torque.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO