lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #11
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Here's a new one!

I think some folks are just more susceptible to things like asbestos, mercury, and lead. I washed my brakes off with water when I did my cart, but I used to just take an air blower to them when I worked at a garage! I can't count the number of clutch and brake jobs we did and blew them off to work on them! Back in the day you would grind off the old linings and replace them on the original shoes! Sometimes it was like a fog in the shop! Mercury- - -? We had a one quart bottle of it in school that the teacher would pour out on a table and we all played with it! It was fun to pop the big bubble with a flick of your finger and then watch as all the little bubbles you just made went back together to become one big one again! The thing I remember most about mercury is how heavy a quart of it is! Lead- - -? I used to hold the lead weights of a cast net in my mouth to throw the net! I held fishing weights in my mouth to tie them on! Jeesh, I think I've figured out what's wrong with me!!!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #12
Jack12002
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
I agree that a lot of the asbestos, lead, mercury, global warming and a bunch of other things are crocks, but I did have a couple friends with no known association with asbestos except working on car brakes and clutches, die from mesothelioma, so I'll exercise due care and caution.

On the other hand, I've handled a over a ton of lead while reloading and firing ammo over the last fifty years and my BLL (Blood Lead Level) is consistently below 1 µg/dL while the average for adults is 3 µg/dL.

------------
Hosing down the brake dust with brake cleaner sounds like a good idea.
I agree with Johnnie my father was one of them. (working in the automotive field most all of his life. As a manager, not even a tech.
Jack12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:11 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

There is, or may be, a modicum of truth in much of the ever expanding hysteria based on science and pseudoscience.

The problem is that most politicians and journalists tend to accept unproven scientific theories as empirical facts and much of the public in general tends of accept what politicians and journalists say as gospel.

The simple truth is that scientists toss theories into the air for peer review like they have been doing for centuries, but in more recent times people in positions of power that do not understand the scientific process of challenging a colleague's work and furthering the quest for knowledge and understanding, create laws and regulations based on speculative thoughts and opinions.

Just my 2-cents. I'll climb down from the soapbox now.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #14
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

John, I'd much rather listen to you on that soapbox than any politician or journalist!!!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO