lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2014, 03:27 PM   #1
mnm99
Not Yet Wild

Default Key and F/R wireing???

I'm helping out a friend with a cart he just got (2009 TXT electric). It was a water damaged cart, so I'm pretty much replacing everything.
1 CBL EZ 1258 WELD CABLE SET/4GA/600A/ EZ DS/DCS
1 30913 DIODE 3 AMP
1 20523 SOLENOID/ 36V/ 200A/ D&D MOTOR
1 RES UNV 0481 Resistor 250 OHM for Club Car/ColumbiarCar/EZGO
1 20524 RESISTOR/ 220/ D&D MOTOR KIT
1 879 500 Amp Controller DCS/PDS
1 D1162 MOTOR, GE PDS/DCS TORQUE 12 HP 1300 RPM

The problem I'm having is the key switch when hooked up it goes.... If I disconnect it all together the cart will still move. Does anyone have a picture of the dash wireing or tell me what goes where? I thought I had it right. If I disconnect the F/R switch all together it STILL goes forward??? For some reason the 2 wires on the key switch are getting 36v also. I don't think that should be. This was supposed to be a plug and play from the factory controller. Thanks for your help....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140112_144409_resized.jpg (76.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20140112_123446_resized.jpg (83.1 KB, 0 views)
mnm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2014, 06:49 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Key and F/R wireing???

An 879 controller doesn't ring any bells, who makes it or where did it come from?

Here is a schematic for a stock PDS cart, if the controller is truly plug-n-play, it should match this diagram.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - PDS.JPG (64.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:54 PM   #3
mnm99
Not Yet Wild

Here is a schematic for a stock PDS cart, if the controller is truly plug-n-play, it should match this diagram.[/QUOTE]

I'll check that out. It's confusing because the harness is a little different coming off the controller. It's still the same plug in connectors though. Here's the controller. Alltrax DCX500.
mnm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:49 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Plug-n-Play is a subjective term.
The DCX controllers are Plug-n-Play for a DCS cart, but requires an adapter for a PDS cart.
In addition to mating three plugs from the stock PDS control wiring harness to the single plug on the DCX controller, the adapters also converts a PDS cart from a Fly-by-Wire system to a hybrid control system.

The voltage to the keyswitch in a stock PDS cart is supplied by the controller, however when a DCX is installed, it is supplied by the DCX to PDS adapter.

Here is a schematic of a DCX in a PDS with the solenoid activation circuit highlighted.
The voltage to the keyswitch starts in the upper right corner, goes through the adapter to one side of the Run/Tow switch, back through the adapter to the F/R switch, back to the adapter where is goes though one of two diodes and then out to one side of the keyswitch.

If the Run/Tow switch is in Tow or the F/R switch is in Neutral, there shouldn't be any voltage on the keyswitch.
If there is, you may have a bad DCX to PDS adapter, or bad/shorted wiring in the stock PDS control harness.

The wiring to the F/R switch and Keyswitch appears to be correct in the pictures posted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCX in PDS - B+ to solenoid and Pedal Switch.JPG (203.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO