lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2014, 09:03 PM   #11
jwhranger
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2004 precedent pq speed sensor issue

See pics, At this point it looks like a previous owner chopped this thing up pretty good. May be worth my time to take it to a dealer and have a professional sort it out. I hardly have any money in the cart so why not spend a little right??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140722_144543_resized.jpg (153.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20140722_144531_resized.jpg (171.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20140722_144535_resized.jpg (152.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20140722_144541_resized.jpg (157.8 KB, 0 views)
jwhranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2014, 11:25 PM   #12
jwhranger
Gone Wild

apparently I changed the resistor on the yellow wire out with the diode...my mistake. I now have a new resistor from club car back in line where it goes. And I sit here with the club car dropout 2 prong wiring harness that is supposed to go after the tow run switch. Problem is my cart only has a pink and red wire coming out of the tow run switch. No place to plug in this droupout diode I bought. See attached picture of the tow run switch. Any ideas at all? Thanks for the help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140911_143920_resized.jpg (100.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-11-2014, 11:27 PM   #13
jwhranger
Gone Wild

I looked through all the wiring except for at the pedal and can't find any place to plug this droupout diode harness in to. Please help!!!
Old 09-12-2014, 06:45 AM   #14
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhranger View Post
apparently I changed the resistor on the yellow wire out with the diode...my mistake. I now have a new resistor from club car back in line where it goes. And I sit here with the club car dropout 2 prong wiring harness that is supposed to go after the tow run switch. Problem is my cart only has a pink and red wire coming out of the tow run switch. No place to plug in this droupout diode I bought. See attached picture of the tow run switch. Any ideas at all? Thanks for the help.
. . . look at wiring diagram of RUN/TOW switch on previous page of this thread . . pink wire goes to fuse . . . blue wire with diode runs to a sonic weld and marries to red wires . . . maybe previous owner removed the original diode and direct wired the red wire to switch?
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:21 PM   #15
jwhranger
Gone Wild

That looks like what happened. I'll put the diode in line with the red wire coming off the run tow switch and then follow up. Thanks for the reply!
Old 09-14-2014, 09:52 AM   #16
jwhranger
Gone Wild

I ran the diode inline with the red wire and no change. Diode is testing good. Any other ideas before I take it to club car? Thanks.
Old 03-08-2015, 12:36 AM   #17
jwhranger
Gone Wild

Ran the codes, said to change out solenoid. Manual says if it fails again with new solenoid then to replace controller. So now I'm to the point of putting a new controller in it. I want to just drop one in its place and have found a few options to keep it stock.

My question is will this controller drop in and plug in to the factory wiring, etc. CURTIS
1510AS-5350

I don't want to have to change up any wiring etc, and it looks like this one has 100 amps over the stock controller. Is it plug and play?

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2015, 01:34 AM   #18
jwhranger
Gone Wild

After some more research I think I might have answered my question that and that it does drop in to place, but will it work with my bandit upgrade motor?
Old 03-08-2015, 05:39 AM   #19
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

If you put the 350 controller in let us know how it does.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car