lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2015, 01:06 AM   #11
Shazo
Not Yet Wild

Carts been down for a little while as I replaced my accelerator peddle assembly and my hill brake assembly. Good news is now the peddle doesnt stick and the hill brake works. I went through the other post and and I do believe I need the drop out harness but after searching online iv came up short. Is there another name for it? Anyone happen to have a link where it can be purchased?
Shazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2015, 10:52 AM   #12
charman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart clicks out and looses power.

SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOUR F/R SWITCH IS NOT MAKING GOOD CONTACT BC THE HEAT IN THE CABLE FROM YOUR MOTOR TO FR SWITCH IS MELTING YOUR COPPER CONTACTS IN THE F/R SWITCH. I have posted here before and they throw all kinds of WCScenarios at you when its usually a simple fix. i am thinking but not for sure its ultimate problem is a resistor of some sort causing to much heat. check the fr switch. most likely the problem full disclosure, i know nothing about carts or electricity just speaking from dumb luck experience
charman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:54 PM   #13
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by charman View Post
SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOUR F/R SWITCH IS NOT MAKING GOOD CONTACT BC THE HEAT IN THE CABLE FROM YOUR MOTOR TO FR SWITCH IS MELTING YOUR COPPER CONTACTS IN THE F/R SWITCH. I have posted here before and they throw all kinds of WCScenarios at you when its usually a simple fix. i am thinking but not for sure its ultimate problem is a resistor of some sort causing to much heat. check the fr switch. most likely the problem full disclosure, i know nothing about carts or electricity just speaking from dumb luck experience
He has an IQ car, which has a toggle switch F-R, no copper contacts. It is not the problem
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:54 PM   #14
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
WCScenarios at you when its usually a simple fix
It should be wild *** scenarios and yours would take the cake.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:10 PM   #15
Shazo
Not Yet Wild

Took it around today after checking the connections yet again and crossing my fingers and hoping for some unknown reason it would magicaly be fixed! It is not..., in forward it speeds up the coasts, speeds up then coasts, speeds up then coasts.... and for the sake of redundancy. .... speeds up then coasts. The duration of the acceleration and coasting are not constant and dont seem to be caused by bumps or anything. Its very sporadic. I drove the cart in reverse for a block or so and it was slightly slower then top speed in forward but seemed constant with no coasting.
Does this still sound like a drop out issue? And could someone point me in the right direction on where to purchase one? I have read that this is a thing but have yet to find one.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:45 PM   #16
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

CCI# 102355201 - Solenoid Dropout Harness
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:43 PM   #17
charman
Not Yet Wild

see i told you i know nothing about carts. but i learned about IQ today from y'all

however i stand by my WCS statement and in no way disparage this forum. the help it gives guys like me is immeasurable.

WCS is simply a human condition.

now why don't one of you cart geniuses check out my post 99CC48V hot battery cable and throw some WCS' or even some ideas at me, I would be much obliged
charman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:45 PM   #18
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey tennis shoe View Post
Sounds like the mcor?
Does it give you a beeping alarm when it cuts out? I just took mine in for the same symptoms and was told it was a bad mcor. I put an mcor4 on it in about 20 minutes. Mine already had the drop out harness on it. However I have yet to try it out.
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:46 PM   #19
Shazo
Not Yet Wild

The beeping alarm is disabled on my cart. Yah the MCOR4 was a very straight forward and easy install. I had a lot of trouble with the other side of my peddle assembly. The peddle had been sticking because the bearing were seized and the shaft was seized to one of the bearings..... very difficult assembly to remove in that state.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:39 AM   #20
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes, they wanted an hours labor to install at the shop, $75. It took me about 20 minutes for the swap out after I read the instructions and that included the disconnect/connect of the batteries. It ran great here on the neighborhood streets.
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car