lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2015, 01:50 PM   #1
keithnra
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 ez go workhorse wiring ?

ive got a 2001 ezgo workhorse that I got for a really good price. I rebuilt the motor in it and now im trying to get it going. when I got it the solenoid, the ignitor, ands the voltage reg was missing. I had a couple ignitors and a regulator for it, condition not known but I bought a solenoid for it new. my problem is the wiring for the ignitor. the cart spins over but does not start up. there is no fire at the spark plugs. I have a spark testor so that's how I know there is no spark. I am not sure I have the wiring right, I have a diagram and the cart is hooked up just as it looks in the diagram. im not 100% sure its the exact diagram for my cart but it seems really close.
the biggest ? I have is: is the Orange/white wire on the ignitor supposed to be hooked up to anything and also what about the black/white wire. is it supposed to go to anything.
I am gonna put a pic of my ignitor on here
this is how I have it wired
Black--black thru the connector
red/white to red white thru connector
black/white-nothing
white-red thru connector
red on connector-start side of solenoid where blue wire is hooked up
I tried to ohm the coil and I got 2 different readings with my 2 different meters
what setting should the meter be on
I am just not real good at wiring but it seems I have the wiring right
oh yeaH it has a brands new pulsar coil on it

this is the diagram im using
keithnra is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO