lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2017, 12:37 PM   #1
Barnsworth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 1992 Decided to Idle

So my cart decided that it was going to idle now. Not all the time when you let off the throttle pedal just some of the time. I figured no problem its the micro-switch that hooks to the accelerator, not the case. I took the switch off and tested it and it works fine so I put it back on and the cart stopped idling but now it's back at it again. I can shut the key (in my case a toggle switch) off and it still idles. The only way I can get it to stop is putting it between forward and reverse. One time I literally stomped and released on the accelerator and it stopped idling. Any ideas why this decided to start acting up and what it could be?

Also does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 1992 with the 3pg 2 cycle?

Thanks for any input!
Barnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2017, 02:49 PM   #2
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1992 Decided to Idle

Check all of your throttle/governor cables for damage and/or rust & corrosion causing a "sticking" problem.
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:48 PM   #3
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Sounds like the solenoid is sticking.

Your diagram is in the first post of the HEI mod thread in the stickies.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:45 PM   #4
Barnsworth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well everything in there is tidy. No rust, no dirt, nothing that interferes with the operation.

Tapped the solenoid that last time it wouldn't stop running and it stopped. Just a new solenoid too so I found another and put that one on and it seems to be working okay.

Still would like a wiring diagram if anyone has one or a link.

Thanks.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:34 PM   #5
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Wiring diagram link. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...n-retrofit.jpg
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:08 PM   #6
Barnsworth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
Thanks so much. For the life of me I couldn't find that thing anywhere!
Old 05-12-2017, 02:45 PM   #7
Barnsworth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay back to this thing now. The solenoid clicks when I hit the pedal and my test light lights the (I guess) the pos side of the solenoid terminal but the cart won't turn over. If I take my hand and roll the engine a little and get it off top dead center sometimes it will slowly turn over and fire and run. I've checked the battery and it is fully charged although I haven't put a meter to it yet to see what it's showing when pulling a load.

Is it possible that the starter generator is going bad? I have cleaned every terminal that I can find on that cart today and it's seemed to make no difference. If I put a jumper to the F2 terminal on the starter to the pos on my battery and from the ground of the battery to the A1 on the starter will that roll the starter over? At least I could confirm that it ISN'T the starter/gen that way.

Thank for any help. This rascal is really getting annoying.

Edit: I have change the brushes in the gen maybe going on two years ago so those should be fine.

Edit 2: I'm not real concerned about the battery being weak, I put a charger/jumper on it and switched it to "jump" and tried starting it and it just clicked.

Tags
3pg, idle fix, micro-switch
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO