lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2017, 02:24 PM   #1
Coley909
Not Yet Wild

Default G29 Clutch - Plowsman - Comet - Gboost

hey y'all I picked up an 08 G29 lifted it 6 inches and stuck 23s under it, now its time for a clutch the original one is very jerky on take off and slipping a lot.

Now I have been doing some research and I am finding more questions then answer, I have been considering plowmans team clutch or redoing my own with the gboost internals but I know these are a PITA clutch to open, but I am finding a lot of people like the comet clutch.

For the life of me I cannot find a solid answer on which comet to get I believe its the 780 but then I am not sure what to do with the driven clutch if that stays the same or if I should get a different spring and also do I need a different belt for the comet?

Overall which is the better option Comet or Plowmans? I live in a very hilly area, and do some light towing, speed is not a concern.

thank you!
Coley909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2017, 03:14 PM   #2
1992G8
Gone Wild

Default Re: G29 Clutch - Plowsman - Comet - Gboost

One of the many benefits of calling Don Plowman directly and discussing your options is: It will be done right the first time.

You can try to piece some stuff together based on what you read online, or you can just call him and get exactly what you need - to do exactly what you want the cart to do.

Also, he won't sell you stuff that won't work or you don't need. It's not worth it to him if you're not happy because he'll then have to spend more time on the phone with you trying to fix something he can't see/control.

It's really simple:
1. Call him
2. Tell him what you have - he'll ask what you want to do with the cart
3. Tell him what you would like to do with the cart
4. He'll discuss options with you
5. Order some parts, follow some directions, bing bang boom, your cart will kick ***.
1992G8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:47 PM   #3
Coley909
Not Yet Wild

Ok good to know, didn't know if he only did the team clutches or if he got into the comets as well
Coley909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:31 PM   #4
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Interesting question. Has anyone put a comet 780 on a stocker ? You would certainly be ahead of the game should you decide down the road if swapping to a clone, VC 460 or a vanguard. You might want to call vegascarts and get their input on whether the comet 780 would benefit a stocker. It sure works well on engine swapped carts.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:38 PM   #5
1992G8
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley909 View Post
Ok good to know, didn't know if he only did the team clutches or if he got into the comets as well
You don't need a Comet clutch for a stock engine.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:40 PM   #6
1992G8
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
You would certainly be ahead of the game should you decide down the road if swapping to a clone,
LOL.....

Yeah, so buy the wrong clutch now just in case later you want to do a clone swap. That makes perfect sense....
Old 10-10-2017, 05:42 PM   #7
1992G8
Gone Wild

OP, while you're at it. Call NR racing and get the 1.3 rockers and start looking around your barn for old pieces of metal you might need later. You know, just in case you want to do an engine swap later on....
Old 10-10-2017, 05:58 PM   #8
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

If anyone has some intelligent input I am sure we would all,including the OP benefit from your knowledge.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 06:18 PM   #9
1992G8
Gone Wild

Yep. Already did the intelligent input (see post #2 and #5 above).
Old 10-10-2017, 06:38 PM   #10
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1992G8 View Post
You don't need a Comet clutch for a stock engine.
Maybe try explaining this instead of just being a edit will not only help original poster but potentially future people who are looking for similar advise

Last edited by TheNewGuy; 10-11-2017 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: TNG
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plowmans comet gboost
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha