lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2018, 11:00 AM   #1
SanDiegoG1
Not Yet Wild

Default Has fuel but wont run without Starting fluid

My G1 golf cart stopped running. Acted like it ran out of fuel so I checked the fuel line from the mechanical pump to the carb and no fuel was coming out. I got a new fuel pump and before hooking it up to the carb I verified that it was pumping fuel (slowly but fuel was dripping out the hose when the motor was cranking). So I hooked up the line and the cart still wont run. When I spray starter fluid into the carb it will run for a few seconds though. Is there a chance that at the same time as the fuel pump going out the carb also got clogged? do these carbs have a pilot jet & main jet or only one jet for the fuel to pass through? Whats the most likely culprit do you guys think? I didn't want to pull the carb off if its not the issue but I if I do have to is there instructions on how to remove all the linkages connected to the carb? Thank you guys for any help or suggestions
SanDiegoG1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carburator, fuel pump
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha