lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2012, 06:56 AM   #1
Canine_Rescue_Pilot
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Tunes on your Ride

Let's face it, if you've spent more than 5 minutes traveling on your cart you probably considered putting some tunes onboard. Desperate for some accompaniment, in a moment of weakness you probably zip-tied a boom box to the frame - or worse - dropped your smart phone into a cup holder and listened on the anemic built-in speakers. Yea, me too.

So I started looking for another option. They're out there. Overhead consoles, marine-grade car stereos (able to withstand moisture), Jensen even has a flat panel radio that is water resistant. All of these options came with impressive sticker shock! I just want tunes, not a 36V Lexus.

I'm probably not the first, but I'll write about it anyway. I found an option that cost me $41 COMPLETE. And the sound is equivalent to about a $41 boom box, not bad considering I didn't have to go "redneck" and velco a boom box to my cart.

On Amazon-dot-com I found a Waterproof Motorcycle/ATV stereo kit for $41. Super small size, 12 volts, comes with 2 waterproof speakers, external antenna, and wiring. It has a built-in clock, an iPod (1/8") input jack, AND it has both a USB port and an SD card slot where it will play MP3s that you place on either of these memory devices. Lastly, it came with a small infrared wireless remote. Handy if you're beside or nearby the cart.

Other than a little cutting of plastic with a hot-knife, the installation was simple. In fact the parts of the kit fit so well... I almost felt like it was made for a Golf Cart. The speakers are completely enclosed "pods", so I didn't even have to worry about speaker enclosures. Just mount and go.

Hands down this is the BEST value and fit I have found for music in your golf cart without spending a fortune. And the sound... not too bad, considering. Think $41 dollar boom box... and you have an exact idea of the sound. Looks... well I think pretty good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3263.jpg (408.5 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3269.jpg (385.3 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3272.jpg (331.5 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3278.jpg (402.5 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3271.jpg (279.2 KB, 90 views)
Canine_Rescue_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, ipod, music, radio, stereo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO