lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2017, 05:22 PM   #1
rbradk
Not Yet Wild

Default 1987 starter bracket

Finishing up all the parts sorting on my 87 turf vehicle. I have a broken lower starter bracket, without the snapped off piece. It is the 2pg engine. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find one??? Would certainly be appreciated.

Rbradk
rbradk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2017, 08:02 PM   #2
slackiller
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1987 starter bracket

do u have the pieces? try n get it welded
slackiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:33 PM   #3
clr.R4tch3t
Getting Wild

I could take a picture of mine, if that would help you. It shouldn't be too hard to just make one. I have my engine out of my cart right now, so it would be easy to snap a pic for you.
clr.R4tch3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:23 AM   #4
rbradk
Not Yet Wild

After a fair amount of reading posts, it seems that most brackets break or crack....the broken off piece is missing, it was not in the coffee can full of stuff that I received. This turf vehicle is a total basket case but the $150.00 price was hard to pass up. I am rebuilding it for local scout camp I volunteer at. Was underwater at some point as there was sand in the fuel supply system, and the inside of the crankcase was rusty and pitted. I suppose after I buy a new starter/generator, I'll mount it on the engine and fit and weld a new right angle piece on the bracket. This bracket is secured to the cyl, and bolts to both the vertical muffler as well as the adjusting bolt on the starter. I will post a pic later. The engine re-assembly is starting now so I am sure I'll be back with some more questions......like the two shims in the rebuild kit......
rbradk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO