lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2017, 02:21 PM   #1
reggie dunlop
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Carb adjustment

I now own several ezgo carts.
Both are the small truck type.One has the 13 hp Kawasaki motor,and the other has the 16 hp briggs.

Both carts are in need of a carb adjustment.

I use the ST480 cart with the 16 hp briggs and have struggled with the adjustments but I have been getting by.

My wife is not as understanding.

I have a manual for the ST480,and I have looked at a neighbors manual for the other.Both manuals give a procedure of how to adjust the carb linkage,the micro switch and the cable,and a procedure to adjust the governor.

I appear to be chasing my tail while working on these carts.
Is there a set procedure that spells out in order, just how to set up the linkages for the cart that will put it in order just what to do first and go from step to step.

It seems that when I get the popping and backfiring stopped,the cart looses at top end speed.When I improve the the top end speed the cart will accelerate with full power and then when reaching full speed the cart will then slow down and settle in at a slower speed then when accelerating.
I also have a unburned gas smell when using the cart,as if the carb is not set correctly.This is a brand new motor.

On the wifes cart,the cart will start with a lurch.The clutch will engage at a very low rpm and when it does engage it there is no engagement at all.It is either in or out.It is very hard for her to use the cart with the way the current setup is adjusted.
I am not sure where the issue is,but in the current setup she can not use the cart for what she needs it to do.
Nowhere in these manuals does it give a step by step procedure with a starting point.
Would anyone have a set procedure that I could use?

I would appreciate it,and I am sure the wife would as well.
reggie dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2017, 02:58 PM   #2
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Carb adjustment

Check out the 2 links below and see if they give you any help.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...ntainance.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...4-strokes.html
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:45 PM   #3
reggie dunlop
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Big Mule,that what I was looking for......
reggie dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:15 AM   #4
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You are very welcome .
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO