lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2019, 06:32 PM   #1
lwayneman1
Not Yet Wild

Default 1981 Yamaha G1 2 stroke throttle bracket busted

I have a 1981 yamaha g1 that runs pretty well... purchased it for $400.. however, found the throttle bracket was busted... hopefully the attachment loaded up... Any one know where to get one or a way to bypass this...

I saw gary's thread on bypassing the governor but there were not any pictures.. I am a stupid window licker so I definitely need photo's lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 58371548071__28CF3FFF-D9C1-49F6-883C-3E4E740ADDDA.JPG (93.9 KB, 0 views)
lwayneman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2019, 08:11 AM   #2
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1981 Yamaha G1 2 stroke throttle bracket busted

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayneman1 View Post
I have a 1981 yamaha g1 that runs pretty well... purchased it for $400.. however, found the throttle bracket was busted... hopefully the attachment loaded up... Any one know where to get one or a way to bypass this...

I saw gary's thread on bypassing the governor but there were not any pictures.. I am a stupid window licker so I definitely need photo's lol
that could be welded up pretty easily. that part is no longer available. you can bypass it by rerouting the throttle cabe to the other side and attaching it to the engine shroud, then you must remove the linkage to the butterfly valve and zip tie it open.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 11:54 AM   #3
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Holey Toledo look what I found:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-YAMAHA-...ss!34293!US!-1

edit: if you buy this please do not throw away your old one. its repairable and could help save someone's cart
Old 07-04-2019, 06:04 AM   #4
illumastorm
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
Holey Toledo look what I found:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-YAMAHA-...ss!34293!US!-1

edit: if you buy this please do not throw away your old one. its repairable and could help save someone's cart
WOW $30?????? if i remove mine to bypass the gov then i'll sell mine
illumastorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:33 PM   #5
lwayneman1
Not Yet Wild

Ok so I purchased the one from Ebay and saved the old one... gunna weld it as a spare just in case... Works great..

Only issue now is the throttle is bumping the air intake hose.. causes it to have all top end no low end... need to find a fix for that next..
Old 07-08-2019, 05:36 PM   #6
lwayneman1
Not Yet Wild

Just for info... the one on Ebay has to be modified for the G1... it is a round hole, not an oblong hole as needed.. easy mod with small round file..
Old 07-08-2019, 06:51 PM   #7
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayneman1 View Post
Just for info... the one on Ebay has to be modified for the G1... it is a round hole, not an oblong hole as needed.. easy mod with small round file..
That is the G1 part number for the J10, I guess the shaft could have changed later but...

the hole is round on the bottom like its supposed to be and oblong on the top to fit in the notches on the shaft. that pic is of the bracket upside down.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:53 PM   #8
lwayneman1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
That is the G1 part number for the J10, I guess the shaft could have changed later but...

the hole is round on the bottom like its supposed to be and oblong on the top to fit in the notches on the shaft. that pic is of the bracket upside down.
Yea I purchased this one and the hole was not oblong... had the part number described... for the age.. probably a manufacturing error.. but who gunna complain on a $20 fix that takes less than 15 min..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha