lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2010, 07:58 PM   #1
Lakedrunk
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Rear seat, first attempt

I've been thinking awhile about ways to make a rear seat, I've got 4 different ideas but this idea was made with stuff I had laying around.

I simply bolted some boards on top of a cooler (added some extra hinges to the cooler lid) and bolted the bottom of the cooler to some other boards, then bolted those boards to the floor & bumper, and used a couple of tie down straps to keep the top of the cooler from tilting back or falling off. And bolted a board to the basket.

I'm gonna put some foam padding on the wood and cover it with vinyl... Someday. Or I'll end up taking it off and trying idea #2. all other ideas will cost money though, so this may stay awhile :)

posting from iPhone and can't post pictures here, so here's a photobucket pic...

Lakedrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #2
Lakedrunk
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rear seat, first attempt

Oh, and I'm planning on painting the cooler blue with flames!
Old 04-15-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Looks like that will work. Don't forget cooler pics

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #4
pocket aces
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I like that idea!
pocket aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:27 PM   #5
pocket aces
Gone Wild

Yamaha

whats the other idea's? I need some help on my rear seat build.
pocket aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:07 PM   #6
Lakedrunk
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Other ideas involve either having some pipe bent or welding pipe together. And bolting the pipe to different spots of the cart, then bolting the seat on the pipe. Also thought of using some angle iron I've got out back.

I think the bent pipe would look best but I don't have a pipe bender, and I would need two pipes, both with identical bends (three 90 degree) kinda looks like stairs.

Oh, and I had a thought of stealing my neighbors lawn furniture (not really) and doing some modifications to a cool bench. I've been looking at many chairs, benches, etc and with a little imagination some of them would be a good start to a nice rear seat!

But any other idea I'd have to buy stuff. This cooler idea has cost me less than $5 for some bolts :)
Old 04-15-2010, 09:12 PM   #7
Lakedrunk
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Oh yeah, and one other idea is getting two base brackets for a bass boat seat, bolting both of them to the floor. Then either use actual boat seats or just wood.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:57 PM   #8
mghave
Not Yet Wild

I needed to add a rear seat about 12 years ago when we were headed to Bristol.... I built the square tube frame and then headed to the bone yard for a GEO Tracker rear seat. I also welded up a dump bed that changes out in couple minutes. It's pretty handy. The footrest at the bottom pushes in out of the way. It is really "overbuilt" but the materials were what I had laying around.

mghave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:43 PM   #9
Lakedrunk
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Overbuilt can't be a bad thing. I'm still thinking if a big enough person sits on one side of my rear seat it might break the lid off the cooler. Mine is possibly underbuilt :)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha