lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2011, 12:44 PM   #11
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1986 Ezgo Marathon

the oldest generation (1PG) engines from 82 down had points, the rest all use a pulsar coil - look at the passenger side of your engine down low, if there are 2 wires coming out (red and blue) then you have a pulsar and the above diagram is all you need to install the HEI (minus of course a coil and a HEI module)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2011, 02:45 PM   #12
mod9
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

would a accell electronic system w/coil work for this?a 300+ system that is?
mod9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:28 PM   #13
FreeRide199
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

right on i see i getcha now pulled the motor anyways and poped the flywheel of and cleaned the pickup and the dirt and other stuff that was in there, anyways the next step i guess is for the mod! Cant wait to get that done and hear the beast come to life for the first time!
FreeRide199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:21 AM   #14
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

OK, seriously - you're the second guy this month who used a term like "popped the flywheel off", Brother, You need to count your lucky stars on that one, most of us end up losing a day or two of our lives struggling to get that sucker off, congrats!

Again, with the mod just be sure to clean a good bare metal spot to attach the module to, triple-check your grounds, and it should go smooth - although if bychance it runs but really really crappy, you should also know that occasionally you will have to reverse the pulsar leads to get the HEI to accept the signal correctly (just thought it was easier to mention that now in case it happens and noones around to fill you in on that detail!)

Good luck with the mod, I'll try and keep an eye on the thread over the next few days to see how its going!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #15
FreeRide199
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

really it came of better then i expected with no puller!! called carquest and they got a module in stock so im gunna pick it up and ill let you know how i fair out
Old 07-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #16
firecart1
Getting Wild

+1 on the HEI mod....Best thing ever!!
firecart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #17
FreeRide199
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

another hei mod that works!
Old 07-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #18
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Great !!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 07:29 PM   #19
FreeRide199
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

alright i got spark thanks to BrewCityMusic and she runs but only on one condition i have to spray gas into the carb to keep it going. Whats happening is the fuel wont stay in the lines it keeps dropping back into the tank even after sucking it to the pump, i got all new fuel lines and filter and cleaned the carb and fuel pump. My question thr fuel pumps only pump one way, but which way is that also is it a fuel pump issue or carb issue?
Old 07-18-2011, 09:24 PM   #20
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

OK - do this, pull the fuel line at the carb and turn the cart over, you should be getting a relatively good pulse of gas out of the line. If not let's look at a couple of possibilities here, number one, on an 86 the fuel pump should run off crankcase pressure which it gets through a small hose from the crankcase to the pump - which is also a small hose that is very succeptible to heat breakdown, drying out, cracking, etc. Locate the hose and make sure it's in good condition to start with. If the hose is good, you then probably want to take a look at the fuel pump diaphragm and make sure it doesn't have any tears, holes, etc (make sure to mark the position of the top when you pull it though, to ensure you get it lined up and on correctly after you dissasemble it)

IF the pump is hooked up correctly, vacum line is good, diaphragm looks fine (OR if the first obvious "pull the line and crank it over" test shows that you do indeed have fuel pressure) then we need to assess your definition of "cleaned the carb". These carbs are bulletproof with one exception, which is that even the smallest amount of dirt, gunk, etc in the jets will stop them dead in their tracks. Pulling the float bowl and cleaning out the obvious just doesn't cut it with these, you need to completely pull and clean the heck out of ALL the jets as well as the needle valve fo rthem to work correctly (or in many cases, at all).

And wouldn't ya know, I just so happen to have an exploded diagram of your carb, complete with helpful little circles tastefully and artfully arranged so as to show you the actual jets, needle valve, etc that will require cleaning !!!

You're *This* close, Amigo - just a few minor tweaks (and worst case scenario, a $32 fuel pump but I kinda doubt it) and you're in business !!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO