lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2011, 03:17 PM   #11
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help me determine what model this Cart is. I want to Part it MODDED PICTURE LOOK

All I can say is OUCH !!! and $700 for a topend rebuild?!?!?!? Glad I don't live in Cal.
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2011, 03:40 PM   #12
Teddyca
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Help me determine what model this Cart is. I want to Part it MODDED PICTURE LOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
You might want to take a little time over in the "Big Block" section of the forums, there's a ton of info on those swaps ... Harbor Freight actually sells a 16hp Honda "clone" dirt cheap (don't quote me but I want to say around $169) that is a relatively popular and common swap (although youll be looking at a new clutch and some welding too, it's definitely not a bolt-in) .... considering that little 2PG you've got in there develops a whopping 9hp at redline, you'll definitely notice the difference if you do a swap.

I'd really appreciate the pics - Thanks !!! (and if you have a number on the motor, PM me - I actually know a guy here in WI looking for a 2PG engine, maybe the whole thng could work out for all)
Thanks man. Tell me exactly what you want in the pictures and I will make it happen. I will spend some time researching.
Teddyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #13
Teddyca
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokcrlr View Post
All I can say is OUCH !!! and $700 for a topend rebuild?!?!?!? Glad I don't live in Cal.
Thats what happens when you have NO idea what you are getting into. Karma is a motherf@cker though. I look back and it pisses me off that he took advantage of the situation and knew I would pay it. Thats o.k. a lawn job is in store with my little truck in the background (05 2500HD with 10" and 37"s) should look cool.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:36 PM   #14
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

if that is a plastic txt frt. end, you will be lucky to get $50. as for the rear, you will need to find someone locally who is restoring a marathon. people are always looking for a good 2pg. lift maybe $60. don't know about the used tires and wheels. cage is nice, but again probably a craigs list item. find some space and fix her up, or sell intact.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:08 PM   #15
Night Train
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Man if your willing to come visit Louisiana I'll put 1500 in your hand. If not I understand, what would you take for the rims and tires?
Night Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:10 PM   #16
Teddyca
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoc1 View Post
if that is a plastic txt frt. end, you will be lucky to get $50. as for the rear, you will need to find someone locally who is restoring a marathon. people are always looking for a good 2pg. lift maybe $60. don't know about the used tires and wheels. cage is nice, but again probably a craigs list item. find some space and fix her up, or sell intact.
Jim- I think you are right. What motor is in this thing and what can I expect to get out of it. If I go big block ie Honda clone, etc.... will I need the clutch or anything?
Old 08-09-2011, 06:18 PM   #17
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

you'll have to snap a pic or two to be sure, but if the muffler is horizontal under the seat it's a 244cc 3PG, if it's vertical then it's an older 244cc 2PG ... As to the clutch, it's almost easier to buy a new clutch specifically designed for the clones, otherwise you're looking at extensive machining of the clutch (or the engines shaft) to make it work right - on the upside there are several places to get said "clone" clutches, so it shouldn't be too hard

EDIT: Yeah, I'm an idiot (just looked at your pics again) - that's a 244cc 9hp 2PG engine you've got there. Prices are all over the board on those older 2-strokes, I've seen them in this area on Craigs for $100-200 with the starter and exhaust (generally on the high end if you are throwing in the clutch) but then again, if they're freshly rebuilt they can go for $400-500 so there's a big grey area there, especially in this market (I just picked up a complete 88 cart for $250, needs crank seals but is really clean so if nothing else, another $150 into the motor for a whole new top end and some quality shop time and I've got a basically brand new engine in a clean cart for $400-ish)

I'd possibly be interested in doing a package deal on the rims and tires - PM me with a number and we can go from there if interested, might consider the engine too if the compression is good
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:35 AM   #18
Teddyca
Not Yet Wild

Started the tear down last night. My son decided he wants to keep it so off to modding we go. I got it running and let it idle for about 3 minutes, I think it loaded up. I could hit the gas and it would not move just sound like it was getting alittle more gas. Was going to either rebuild the carb or buy a new one if there is an upgrade out there. Even if I do the BB swap I want to be sure the new owner of the Robin has a good motor. Any good sources for new carbs?
Old 08-12-2011, 09:48 AM   #19
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

good decision. i would give the carb a good cleaning and if you need a new carb, the sponsors have them. i think i bought mine from everything carts.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:00 AM   #20
Teddyca
Not Yet Wild

Yeah I am going to tear it apart and put a can of carb cleaner on it tonight. I had my boy pull it off last night while I put in the new stereo and started looking into the wiring. We were trying to watch football as well so not to productive but he was having a good time tearing it up. :) Is there one carb thats better then others. I was told they are cheap enough I might just upgrade if it is available or worth it. My 7 years carb from his KTM SX50cc is sitting on my bench and is about the same **** size as the Robin. HAHA
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO