lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
Sgcards101
Not Yet Wild

Default 85-86 ezgo robin 2 stroke problem

I have a 85-86 ezgo with a robin 244cc robin engine it has 120psi compression good spark what I'm wanting to know is could it have good compression in the top end but not have any in the crank case? The reason I ask is its not starting and it seems to have really low pressure suction at the carb. Any ideas?
Sgcards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2013, 08:14 AM   #2
kyerik
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 85-86 ezgo robin 2 stroke problem

Your compression is pretty good.

You could have leaking crankshaft seals- these leaks allow the engine to suck some air in around the crankshaft rather than through the carb. You can check the one on the clutch side by cranking the engine while spraying wd40 on that seal. If it starts then you have verified that the seal is bad. There is another crankshaft seal behind the flywheel that could also be bad. It is best to replace both of them at the same time.

There is also the small chance that the gasket between the cylinder and the engine block is bad.
kyerik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
Dmontgomery
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Check your head bolts I'm in the process of changing the seals out on my 88 ezgo when I pulled the motor out the head bolts were not even hand tight. I tried the wd40 trick but it didn't work on the clutch side so I elected to pull the engine and check it was leaking slightly. I haven't got the fan off yet to see the other side. It really is not that big of a job with the right tools and help from folks on this forum
Dmontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #4
Sgcards101
Not Yet Wild

Yep think I'm going to pull the engine tomorrow
Sgcards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO