lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Brakes

2003 cc DS, my brakes seem to have tightened up on the right side. My question is it possible the adjusters could be installed wrong, resulting in tighening when the brakes are applied in forward. I pulled the drum and backed them off, but never thought to look to see if the adjuster was correct. I think it was turned to where the adjustment wheel was toward the front of the cart.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Brakes

if you turned them and you got the drum back on then they are correct ...
if you have a lift then check to see if axle is loose as it will twist enough to cause the brake cable to over tighten
Old 10-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

No lift but I did put 4 leaf heavy duty springs on a while back. The cables did require new hangers, as they were too tight. We will see how they hold up. I have ordered new shoes, I will recheck everything then.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Got my new brake shoes in today and installed them. Everything looked good but the forward shoe on the right side. It was worn on the lower half much more than the rest of the shoes. The back plates never had a touch of lube. Other than that all else seemed fine. One thing of note. The shoe that goes to the adjuster is the one with the short stub. I have read put the shoe with number ?? Here or there. I think the short stub in the adjuster is a good way to tell without worrying about what side and number you have. Mine never had those numbers they were made overseas.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car