lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2014, 10:36 AM   #1
Fspor
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default 1970 Cushman

I just purchased a 1970 Cushman and am in need of the brake lining that stops the transmission in between gear changes. Any thoughts as to who might carry this part?
Fspor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2014, 06:58 AM   #2
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: 1970 Cushman

I'm not sure what you are talking about. I'm more familiar with the 1980's and newer Cushmans and behind their transmissions is the emergency brake assembly. Can you post a picture or a better explanation? You will likely need a Cushman part number or a picture of the part to find any help on this.

Charley
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:52 AM   #3
Fspor
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

The part in question goes on the 2 hole bracket that is parallel to the numbers on the belt right behind the starter/generator.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New Image.jpg (131.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-28-2014, 05:02 AM   #4
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

You are first going to need a model number for your Truckster. It should be stamped into a plate below and to the left of the steering wheel/handle bars. Then you will be able to find the correct parts manual for it. Many Truckster manuals are available in pdf form on the Jacobsen website (they once owned Cushman) http://www.jacobsen.com/americas-man...it&Product=356 . In the parts manual you should be able to find the part number and description of this brake. Once you have this you can check with Directparts.com or one of the other suppliers of Cushman Truckster Parts.

Charley
Old 07-30-2014, 10:59 AM   #5
Fspor
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Unfortunatley the label plate is missing from the cart. I think it is a Golfster versus a Truckster. Also, I can't seem to find anything for the Golfster on Jacobsen's website. Thanks for the input though. I guess I'll have to fabricate something.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:12 PM   #6
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

Cushman stamped the model number in several places in addition to the plate. My truckster has it's model number stamped in the sheet metal (that looks like a bumper) just above the left front wheel. The plate that you can't find carries this number followed by a dash and 4 numbers. The first 2 numbers after the dash are the year of manufacture and the second two are the month of manufacture. Without the plate all you might have is a model number stamped in the frame somewhere. It will be a 6 digit number and with it you can find a manual for your Cushman.

You can also post pictures of your Truckster and we can try to date it and provide a model number. It may not be exactly right doing it this way, but we should be able to come close enough for you to find a usable manual for it. Cushman didn't change much from year to year. Post pictures showing all 4 sides of the truckster.

Charley
Old 08-08-2014, 07:56 AM   #7
Fspor
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Found the nameplate. Cart model #98101-7010. Motor model #K241 A E262965, serial #46484D.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:09 AM   #8
Fspor
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

correction: Cart Model 898101
Old 08-08-2014, 09:29 AM   #9
Fspor
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

E-mailed Jacobsen Tech Support for any literature. They sent back to me (within an hour) the parts manual. Turns out I need part #881681 - shoe, w/lining. Anyone have any idea who might carry it? My search for Cushman parts on the web tuned up many sites for Cushman parts but none that I found so far carry this item. I will e-mail Jacobsen again to see if they can help.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:56 AM   #10
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

You may have to make it yourself out of something similar. Have you contacted www.denniscarpentercushman.com or 1-800-763-4948 now that you know the part number? They will tell you that they don't have truckster parts, but many part numbers are also common to the Cushman Scooters that they do sell parts for the scooters. They also stock new OMC 22 hp engine short blocks and the cylinders for these engines. Duane Douce is the best contact there. Call and talk to him about your need. Maybe he will be able to suggest something if he can't supply the exact part. I've also had god luck getting parts from www.directparts.com, but most of what I bought from them was motor gaskets and piston ring sets.

Charley
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts