lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2015, 03:22 PM   #11
imrex613
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: ez go 36v dies under throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Negative test lead at battery pack main Neg. Pos probe each of the large terminals of the solenoid. Side from the battery pack should have full voltage all the time, side to controller should have slightly less, until solenoid is activated, then full pack voltage.

The side from the battery pack has full voltage at all times. The side on the controller side also have full voltage at all times UNTIL I hit gas and the cart dies. I even disconnected that wire to the controller and the solenoid still has 37.5v AND the controller wire does as well. I am at a complete loss here!
imrex613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2015, 04:26 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Solenoid is bad.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 04:47 PM   #13
imrex613
Not Yet Wild

Ok, I will purchase another one and give it a shot. Hopefully I just received a bad one. Browsing the forum I found another person describing an issue almost IDENTICAL to mine. He replaced the controller and it fixed his issue.
Old 08-20-2015, 06:32 PM   #14
imrex613
Not Yet Wild

New solenoid ordered but for reference this is what I was referring to.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...go-1995-a.html
Old 08-20-2015, 06:32 PM   #15
cgtech

Yamaha

You did say the solenoid does click every time it should. Power is always present on the large cable from the pack to the solenoid (during all test conditions). Power from the large cable on the solenoid to the controller vanishes when solenoid clicks on. If all this is correct, sounds a lot like a bad solenoid to me. The precharge resistor is allowing power to pass when there is no load (so you see power before solenoid click), but, when the cart tries to activate the solenoid and draw power, none is being passed through the solenoid. The precharge resistor only supplies a "trickle" of power, and can not nearly keep up with the amp demands, so voltage drops.
Old 08-20-2015, 06:57 PM   #16
imrex613
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
You did say the solenoid does click every time it should. Power is always present on the large cable from the pack to the solenoid (during all test conditions). Power from the large cable on the solenoid to the controller vanishes when solenoid clicks on. If all this is correct, sounds a lot like a bad solenoid to me. The precharge resistor is allowing power to pass when there is no load (so you see power before solenoid click), but, when the cart tries to activate the solenoid and draw power, none is being passed through the solenoid. The precharge resistor only supplies a "trickle" of power, and can not nearly keep up with the amp demands, so voltage drops.
Sounds good and I'm hoping it's just a bad solenoid. I will find out in a few days. Last question, when I hear the "click" it is not from the actual solenoid that passes power. It appears it is from under the cart or the battery area? I am not 100% sure. Also I do not feel a click from the solenoid when my hand is on it. Does that change anything or is that what I should be experiencing? Thanks for the help and sorry for the silly questions.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:57 PM   #17
cgtech

Yamaha

Yep, changes stuff plenty. I thought we were on the same page of "the solenoid is clicking", not "i hear a click, but its not the solenoid". I almost feel like its "start over time".
Old 08-21-2015, 12:09 AM   #18
imrex613
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Yep, changes stuff plenty. I thought we were on the same page of "the solenoid is clicking", not "i hear a click, but its not the solenoid". I almost feel like its "start over time".
I'm sorry about that.. So at that point knowing what you know now do you have any suggestions for me?
Old 08-21-2015, 06:45 AM   #19
Fastest1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

There is a micro switch in the throttle assembly. That is what is clicking under the cart. A very subtle click.
Fastest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:14 AM   #20
imrex613
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
There is a micro switch in the throttle assembly. That is what is clicking under the cart. A very subtle click.
Ok that must be what I am hearing. I am getting no click from my solenoid then.....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO