lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2015, 04:58 PM   #21
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: lights- DC converter issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
No RXV "as equipped" from ezgo ever topped 19.5mph. Yamaha AC "PTV" model = 19.5 mph "as equipped" from yamaha. I work at a dealer that sells Yamaha and Ezgo carts, please get your facts straight so as to not look a fool.
Ok, well then I'm about to make you look like a real Einstein I guess. https://www.yamahagolfcar.com/ac/ At the bottom under performance stats Yamaha states, and I quote "14.8MPH maximum Forward speed"
Perhaps you should reread the stats provided by the maker of the products you sell and or service. And do it without acting like a real jack wagon
cartattach is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2015, 05:14 PM   #22
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

19.5 or thereabouts, the same as RXV, and other sepex DC carts when set at "coastal, PTV, speed code 4 or what ever buzz word used by the factory.

https://www.yamahagolfcar.com/personal/
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:57 PM   #23
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

cartattach said:
Quote:
CG, I wouldn't have an RXV if it was given to me. I don't trust electronic brakes as far as I can throw them. And I wouldn't run without a reducer on an AC system either, to many variables. My curiosity with AC carts is, if they are so great why is EZGO the only one making them? (not that I'm implying you said they were great, but the "dealers" talk about them like gods) They do have very good off line accel but once at speed I simply can't get over the brake system.....it's trash.
I'd bet that the AC drives are less common because they're probably more expensive to make vs. DC drives. Most electric automobiles use AC drive, DC is reserved for DIY'ers. And most autos use regenerative braking to one degree or another. Dunno what you expect from a braking system, but I'm quite satisfied with my RXV; I'm very sorry to hear that your personal experience has been so poor.

It wouldn't surprise me that most carts will be AC drive in a few years, as the price of the components comes down.
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 06:11 PM   #24
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartattach View Post
Ok, well then I'm about to make you look like a real Einstein I guess. https://www.yamahagolfcar.com/ac/ At the bottom under performance stats Yamaha states, and I quote "14.8MPH maximum Forward speed"
Perhaps you should reread the stats provided by the maker of the products you sell and or service. And do it without acting like a real jack wagon
You are right about one thing, i still have not been provided with any sales lit for the AC "PTV" model. But have never had a single AC cart that was not a "ptv", thats not what we order. The sales lit for the AC "fleet" 14mph model does not reflect whats typically sold in the retirement communities where theyre used like a car. Got any sales lit on a 23mph RXV from ezgo? Do you know the differences in a "Fleet" vehicle and a "PTV"? You can lookup the ANSI standards for a "golf cart", and a "personal transport vehicle", it'll get ya on the right track. Bye Bye!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:31 PM   #25
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
19.5 or thereabouts, the same as RXV, and other sepex DC carts when set at "coastal, PTV, speed code 4 or what ever buzz word used by the factory.

https://www.yamahagolfcar.com/personal/
Yes I see that. However the post that this originated from was me stating that Yamaha lists the cart specs under the "AC" tab as I listed. The average consumer will not spend the time to dig through other links when the site clearly lists the "AC" model with it's own link. Perhaps that's why Yamaha has such a low market share.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunmyer View Post
cartattach said:

I'd bet that the AC drives are less common because they're probably more expensive to make vs. DC drives. Most electric automobiles use AC drive, DC is reserved for DIY'ers. And most autos use regenerative braking to one degree or another. Dunno what you expect from a braking system, but I'm quite satisfied with my RXV; I'm very sorry to hear that your personal experience has been so poor.

It wouldn't surprise me that most carts will be AC drive in a few years, as the price of the components comes down.
They are more expensive to make, but not that much more. The real reason is that the truth is, the majority of the cart market is the fleet side and golf courses want the cheapest lease they can get. The personal side of the market is nothing in comparison, and many personal carts are off lease fleets in most areas. Some vacation and retirement areas have more sales in personal than average, obviously, but it's still a drop in the overall bucket

Quote:
You are right about one thing, i still have not been provided with any sales lit for the AC "PTV" model. But have never had a single AC cart that was not a "ptv", thats not what we order. The sales lit for the AC "fleet" 14mph model does not reflect whats typically sold in the retirement communities where theyre used like a car. Got any sales lit on a 23mph RXV from ezgo? Do you know the differences in a "Fleet" vehicle and a "PTV"? You can lookup the ANSI standards for a "golf cart", and a "personal transport vehicle", it'll get ya on the right track. Bye Bye!
You must be a small sales and service location if they don't provide you any literature. Even the average consumer can get those upon request from the manufacturer. If you've never sold a previously owned fleet car, your market must be tiny. Given that 1) Yamaha is a "distant" third in the industry 2) that the overwhelming majority of carts are ex-fleet carts that have been re-purposed to personal ownership and 3) you are using the speed of a cart that has had the speed turned up for non-course use (of course, you quote the ezgo fleet speed as well, and club cars also have to have 4 opened up later as you surely know) If you hadn't responded like a jerk this conversation wouldn't be occurring. But then after reading a great deal of your posts, I see that you fit the high blood pressure angry mechanic stereotype. You should probably have that checked, it's not healthy (and that's not sarcastic, I know many mechanics who act the same way and have suffered the consequences)
Old 09-09-2015, 07:23 PM   #26
jeffro22
Gone Wild
Club Car

stupid mistake... without thinking, i disconnected the power converter and hooked the lights directly up to the batteries and accidently ran 48v through the lights and popped all the bulbs. leds in the back burned up and front lights popped. ordered new lights and installed today with wiring corrected to run off 2 8v batteries.

so 16v powered the new led headlights fine, but i ordered new LED taillights and they wont light up at all. Did the 16v blow the led taillights or did i get a defective pair? Tried to hook taillights up to a 12v battery and nothing either
jeffro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:17 PM   #27
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

LED will run fine on 16V. I would check your wiring, as the LED's probably burned up after some wiring melted. I would assume you just plugged the new rear lights into the old harness, yes? You need to trace the old harness and make sure it isn't grounding out somewhere. You can also do a continuity check with a voltmeter to see if anything broke during the meltdown. It is very rare to have a bad LED light, much less 2 of them. You can power them without being in the harness with a jumper set on the 16V and check them for function as well. But my money is on a melted wire in the harness, or two melted together
Old 09-11-2015, 07:14 PM   #28
jeffro22
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartattach View Post
LED will run fine on 16V. I would check your wiring, as the LED's probably burned up after some wiring melted. I would assume you just plugged the new rear lights into the old harness, yes? You need to trace the old harness and make sure it isn't grounding out somewhere. You can also do a continuity check with a voltmeter to see if anything broke during the meltdown. It is very rare to have a bad LED light, much less 2 of them. You can power them without being in the harness with a jumper set on the 16V and check them for function as well. But my money is on a melted wire in the harness, or two melted together
i have 16v at the rear pigtails, just the new lights dont work. Ill double check
jeffro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO