lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2015, 07:54 AM   #1
BamaTide
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Clicks But won't Move

2003 Series
Everthing just a few months old from Scotty .
At first it would click then jump and run .
Now it clicks and won't move in forward or reverse .
BamaTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2015, 07:58 AM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Clicks But won't Move

pack voltage ?
Old 09-13-2015, 08:12 AM   #3
BamaTide
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Old 09-13-2015, 08:19 AM   #4
crash test dummy

are you seeing green light on controller ?
Old 09-13-2015, 08:22 AM   #5
BamaTide
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes
Old 09-13-2015, 08:47 AM   #6
crash test dummy

check cables to motor .. give them a wiggle and a tug
Old 09-13-2015, 08:51 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Any hesitation and hard start points toward pedal box trouble.
Put the cart on jack stands
key on, in gear, slowly press the gas
how far do you press the pedal before green light comes on?
how much farther until wheels turn?
Do wheels start fast?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:58 AM   #8
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Well, I had to look up what the package #485 was for....and it appears to be for the EZ-GO TXT model only. So, being that I have a TXT model as well, you have provided some information. So....let me go thru a little deduction here:

#1--When you press your throttle the "Click" you hear must be the solenoid making contact....so your controller should be working....and your getting power to your solenoid.

#2--Your battery pack is charged as you have stated that your volt meter (I assume you have checked this with a volt meter) shows the pack charge of 50.5-V.

#3--You had stated that at first, it would "click" (indicating the solenoid was making contact and thus, power was going to the F\R switch) then the cart would "jump" (which could simply be an indication that the torque is set to max and the speed is set to it's lowest----controller setting--) then go.

Summary: I would first look at your Forward\Reverse switch. The simplest thing to look at would be to see if the center bolt is tight enough so that your rotating "unit" with the copper contacts are making contact with the fixed board's copper contacts. Also, take a good flashlight and see that the wires AT THE F\R SWITCH are in good shape and that no wire sheathing has been melted off of the big gauge wires. If that has occurred then you will likely need to replace the F\R switch, along with the heavy duty wiring that attaches to it.

Of course, you can always take apart the F\R switch and inspect the contacts for any signs of obvious wear, blacking, or if the board itself has gotten very hot and melted....thus not allowing the copper contacts to connect. If the board has melted it will need replaced. If that's the case, go with a heavy duty board....or the best thing is to replace it with a HD Reversing Contactor...or better yet....do what I did and buy his SD Reversing Contactor and trash the old style F\R switches forever. http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Reversing_Contactors.html Well worth the investment.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 09:04 AM   #9
BamaTide
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info .
Will check it out after church ...
Old 09-13-2015, 02:00 PM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Well, I had to look up what the package #485 was for....and it appears to be for the EZ-GO TXT model only. So, being that I have a TXT model as well, you have provided some information. So....let me go thru a little deduction here:
<Snip>
Dave, TXT is a body style and TXT's came with both Series and SepEx drive systems.

The 485 Kit is for a Series Drive. (SPM48500 controller and Super-Duty solenoid)
-------

There appears to be two problems here.
1. The was cart jumping when pedal was pushed.
2. Now cart isn't moving at all.

The SPM controller is powered up by the same voltage that energizes the solenoid, so there needs to be some pedal travel between the pedal switch closing and the plunger entering the ITS sensor. If not, the cart will take off with a jerk or jump.

If the Throttle rate is set too high, it'll cause the cart to jerk on take off also.

Throttle Linearity, Throttle Torque and Throttle Speed setting also affect how smoothly the cart takes off.

Also could be an ITS sensor related issue.

-------
Cart not moving is most likely a high current circuit issue.

Measure the voltage between the B- and M- terminals on the controller.
When pedal is pushed just far enough for solenoid to click, you should measure full pack voltage (50.5V?)

If you don't get full pack voltage, trace the heavy cables back until you find it.

If you do get full pack voltage, slowly press the pedal to floor and the voltage ought to smoothly decrease to zero.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO