lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2015, 11:49 PM   #1
Capt.Josh
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2011 TXT upgrades

I recently bought a 2011 TXT that is lifted 6" and has 24" tires. I am new to the Cart world and am not really worried about speed but I want to be able to tote myself (240lb) a buddy and a deer if need be. What would you do if it was yours? Where do I start?
Capt.Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2015, 07:30 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2011 TXT upgrades

Welcome Captain. Start by Identifying which drive system you have.
Does the cart shift forward to reverse with a rocker switch on the dash?
Can you post the controller model # here?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:15 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

hey Josh......what Scotty said......and CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 09:20 PM   #4
Capt.Josh
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Scotty it does have the rocker switch on the dash. I'll try and get the controller number tomorrow.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:31 PM   #5
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

That cart should pull you and a buddy and a deer. I have a 2005 PDS that I lifted and put a cargo bed on to make my uncle a hunting camp buggy. All I did was lift it, put some offroad only style tires on it and added a speed manget to allow it to travel back down the dirt road above 13mph when we use it. It may not look pretty but it does everything we need it to after testing it with two grown men in the front, and a 200 pound man in the bed area. If you wanna see some pics of it I will show you, though I will say in advance it is just a flat black very basic lifted cart put together with leftover parts I had on hand
cartattach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:08 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

What electronics upgrades are you suggesting?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:13 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

A 2011 PDS is a very different animal than a 2005 PDS.

A 2005 PDS uses a Curtis 1206MX controller (36V - 300A)
A 2011 PDS uses a Curtis 1206HB controller (48V - 250A)

---------
Josh,

Personally, if it was mine, I'd get rid of the lift and oversized tires.

Or at least back off on both a few inches.

The 24" tires are costing you 25% of the available torque and the lift is raising the center of gravity on a short wheelbase, narrow track vehicle that is already top heavy, making it more susceptible to rollovers.

However, setting that aside, I'd replace the stock controller, solenoid and cables with an Alltrax XCT48500PDS-48, a 400A/1000A solenoid and 2Ga high current cables.

That will offset the 25% loss in low end torque with a 50% increase in low end torque for a net gain of about 25% over stock and if that did not give you the hunting cart performance you want, replace the stock motor with a D&D ES-63-49 or similar high-torque motor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 09:08 PM   #8
Capt.Josh
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info JohnnieB
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO