lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2015, 09:42 AM   #1
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default speed for 48v TXT

I am looking at the Curtis 1313 hand held programer and no sales people can tell me what I can accomplish with it. What I want is to increase speed and decrease regen braking, not large amounts, amounts about the same as we would get with a freedom chip in a PDS with out controller/motor expensive changes. I had one 48v TXT with a noise in the motor and replaced it with an inexpensive Chineee motor,speed sensor had to be wiried into system and no changes to controller. Cart is quick and regen is barely present,the only thing we have really changed is possible speed sensor input,similar to the Speedy Link that was around for CC carts. Can anyone help me wrap my head around this ?? Thanx Dave
davet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2015, 10:45 AM   #2
RoyalChief
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: speed for 48v TXT

My 1313 curtis handheld just came in the mail yesterday so i cant say much about it just yet, but i did plug it into one of my 48v txts and you can freely change the max speed/ braking pretty easy. Mine did not come with a manual so i downloaded one from the internet. If anyone out there has a brake down of what the codes ( abbreviations ) mean i would love to see it.

Time to read this manual
RoyalChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:04 PM   #3
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Chief, please keep me in the loop as you get it figured out..Dave
Old 11-17-2015, 12:41 PM   #4
RoyalChief
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ill try my best Dave :-p They do pay me to " try " and figure this stuff out! I cant find any controller’s technical manual ( or any manual ) for the Curtis Model 1206HB-5201 controller anywhere :( Having the parameter codes will help.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:47 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

My Dealer tells me 19mph is the limit for all the ezgos.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 01:31 PM   #6
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok Scotty,how do we get to 19 mph, that is about all we would get out of a pds chip. Did he say if the hand held would get you there ??Dave
Old 11-17-2015, 03:55 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by davet View Post
Ok Scotty,how do we get to 19 mph, that is about all we would get out of a pds chip. Did he say if the hand held would get you there ??Dave
Yes he said 19 was possible with all the (sepex) carts using the handheld. But he also said you have to pay for each use and that's where my eyes glazed over and I stopped listening. Alltrax has been giving these carts 22-24 mph for 10 years now.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 04:17 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If I remember right you go into the profile settings and change the speed there to freedom mode. IF your hand held can change it..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 04:18 PM   #9
RoyalChief
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Im in the op-pest boat here, my boss is having me slow down all the carts to 10 mph and have full re-gen breaking kick in at 8 mph, im gonna be the most hated person on site now. Im still not sure what half of theses changes do yet, maybe if someone out here that uses this handheld would be able to give me a rundown on what some of these things do/mean. Having OEM might be alil over my head.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO