lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2015, 07:48 AM   #1
duwem
Not Yet Wild

Default Opening Up Secondary Clutch on 3pg

Bought a shorter belt for my Marathon 2 stroke and I need to open the secondary clutch halves a bit to get it installed. Pulled, twisted, couldnt get them to separate any. Whats the trick? Thanks
duwem is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2015, 09:55 PM   #2
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Opening Up Secondary Clutch on 3pg

Generally speaking, a sharp yank up on the belt will cause the sheaves to open up. It could be stuck. Try using PB Blaster on the shaft and jack up the rear of the cart so you can rotate the clutch a bit while pulling the belt deeper into the sheaves.

Also have a look over this page which will give you a little more insight on the rear clutch.

http://krisdillon.com/buggy/
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 08:13 PM   #3
duwem
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the link. I drive it often with the stock worn belt so I'm assuming it moves fine. I had the belt 3/4 of the way on and tried turning the pulley and also pushing the cart (with brake off) but it didn't want to open up to allow the belt on.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:32 AM   #4
duwem
Not Yet Wild

Well..its broke now. Tried tapping the belt in to get the pullies to separate, and well, they separated for good....

Anyone have a good secondary clutch for a 2 stroke 3pg marathon? Do some of the earlier 2 strokes use the same clutch? Ebay lists some for 2 stroke and also fitting 4 strokes?

Still dont know what to do about the belt, maybe a different clutch will separate easier? Or i just give up and eat the 30 bucks and go buy a stock replacement?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clutch.jpg (68.3 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO