lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2016, 09:52 PM   #1
HZ_in_AZ
Not Yet Wild

Default 1993 Marathon 36volt need lil more speed

Hey everyone new to the site. I have a 1993 marathon a few cosmetic modifications but no speed modifications that I am aware of. My current top speed is 13 via gps and I am looking to get up to at least 25. I am basically looking for the most bang for the buck. I want to keep the 36volt set up but I am not sure what direction to go controller, motor, or gears? I have never had an electric vehicle so this kind of set up is very new to me.

5.5" lift
air shocks up front
23" tires

Thanks,

HZ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160126_193545.jpg (211.1 KB, 0 views)
HZ_in_AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2016, 07:37 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1993 Marathon 36volt need lil more speed

Welcome to BGW.....to answer your question is a bit convoluted, but here goes:

IF you intend to build your cart to be reliable this what you will end up doing to achieve your goal of 25 mph.

your cart is a SERIES drive.....you already put larger tires on it. that gave you a tad more speed, but it cost you torque in the process.....so if its hilly at all, your cart may be slowing down on hills. so if you are intending to get to 25 mph, you are going to have to at least upgrade the total drive system (controller, solenoid, F&R, and all Cables) AND a new high speed motor.

Just doing to drive system, will allow it to supply the amperage to the motor, but seeing as how its a series drive....it will not go any faster. UNLESS you get a different motor that is wound to go faster.

This is actually what I did with my cart (you can see the details in my sig).....my motor is a bit different, its a 7126, and mine will run 27 mph all day.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:49 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1993 Marathon 36volt need lil more speed

I just wanted to add to that that a voltage increase (36 to 48v) will greatly help you reach your target speed. You will need pkg 485 = 500 amp SPM & 400 amp solenoid, 2g cable set #2, D&D ES-51A-41 motor for 25 mph on the flats with this cart. Shoot me an email for a bid.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO