lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2016, 11:43 PM   #11
honcho
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Man do I need some help!!

yea thats what I thought he meant,yea they are there as I just replaced the solenoid,man this is just kicking my *** , I have never had electrical problems like this before, just started out of the blue,gotta be something simple
honcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2016, 11:49 PM   #12
honcho
Not Yet Wild

Hey Scottyb will do the test tomorrow and get back with ya,man thanks so much for helping me,just hope it not that dang controller
Old 01-30-2016, 09:05 AM   #13
honcho
Not Yet Wild

Ok tested solenoid,41 volts going in on positive side,27 volts between the 2 small posts,so I guess this is a issue. Any ideas on my next step? Thanks
Old 01-30-2016, 09:52 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You are loosing 14v somewhere. Below is the solenoid activation circuit for PDS.
Your source may be the charge receptacle or the battery pack main +.
Determine if you have 36v on the small solenoid + post (yellow wire) by testing between main - post and the terminal with the yellow wire - if not.
Start testing voltage where ever the beginning of the circuit is and move to each connection in the red line until you find the drop in voltage.

If the problem is on the - side of the circuit you can run a test supply to this terminal from the battery main - and retest operation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo PDS solenoid activation diagram.jpg (142.4 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 10:37 AM   #15
honcho
Not Yet Wild

Ok Scottyb,I will start running tests,also f2 and f1 which is pos and neg? I believe those wires go to motor,wanna make sure I have them hooked up right Thanks
Old 01-30-2016, 12:31 PM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The controller in a PDS supplies both B+ (Yellow wire)and B- (Blue wire) to the solenoid coil.

Disconnect the charger from the cart, Run/Tow in Run, Key = ON and either F or R selected on the F/R switch, you should have 36V (full pack voltage actually) on the yellow wire at the solenoid.

At this point, you will also have 36V on the blue wire on the other small terminal.

Push the pedal and the voltage on the blue wire should drop to zero and the solenoid ought to click.

------
As for the F1 & F2 cables, they are either + & - or - & + depending on which direction is selected on the F/R. (Changing the direction of current flow through the field windings is how the motor is made to spin in the opposite direction for reverse.)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:44 PM   #17
honcho
Not Yet Wild

Hey man I just wanna thank JohnnyB and ScottyB for their fast response,guys ya rock. Turns out my deal was the micro switch or the throttle sensor,don't know which one as I replaced both of them at the same time. Good folks here and I will always be a member and try to help other folks out,thanks again guys Todd
Old 02-03-2016, 11:58 PM   #18
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My guess is that it was the micro switch as the ITS has nothing to do with making the solenoid click which was your original problem. Glad you got it fixed!
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO