lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2017, 08:01 PM   #21
SEHunter
Gone Wild

Default Re: D&D ES-58 or AMD 7114 Beast

To address the thread title, you can not go wrong with either of these motors. Assuming the AMD is the exact equivalent to the old GE D395 beast, i can say I have experienced with both. Ran the D395 for about 6 years and just did the first ride today with the new D&D ES-58. These motors are so similar that I can’t tell much difference. This isn’t a bad thing because the old beast motor was indeed a beast. The ES-58 has plenty enough speed for me. I didn’t clock it but it’s an easy 20mph, maybe a hair more on these 22s. I’ve git my SR-48600 maxed out and when I punched it on an ever so slight incline, my cart did a wheel stand and if it weren’t for the foot platform on the rear flip seat, I swear the cart would have flipped backwards. This motor has all the torque a golf cart could handle, and then some. Speed is good. Very satisfied.
SEHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2017, 01:26 AM   #22
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Good to hear you got good results

I assume this one will be a keeper?

I've been able to rest my front tires against a 12" downed tree trunk and the motor pushed me over it without a problem. That's how I knew mine was going to fit my needs.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 09:46 AM   #23
SEHunter
Gone Wild

Yes, this one is a keeper. I'm still curious how the AMD7114 would feel but not curious enough to buy one. I can't imagine a more well rounded motor than the ES-58. My old beast is worn but still good so I'll just box it up and store it in my basement. I really like the construction of the D&D motor. I like the terminals all on one end and it also looks like it's more protected from dust and mud vs the ones with the dust covers that end up falling out.
SEHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car