lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2018, 08:38 AM   #1
Cdebo1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Bucking 98 DS

Good Day guys, so i have a 98 club car DS 48v at my job site. The cart recently had all new batteries (10 Days ) new wiring from batteries to motor and new charger. The cart ran fine until charger died and cart place said new batteries were needed. They were 2 years old so it probably did. Now when I use it only sometimes will it buck when i hit the accelerator. It seems though if you ease into it, no issues if you mash it down it will jerk let it off and go slow no problems. Again though its intermittent. From what i have been researching i am thinking speed controller or accelerator switch? Any thoughts will be helpful. Is the speed controller something that can be removed opened and cleaned.
Cdebo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2018, 08:41 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bucking 98 DS

You describe a power supply problem. Easing on the gas draws less amperage than mashing the pedal. So the problem is in the batteries or the amperage delivery system. Inspect every cable end and connection for corrosion, damage, or heat under use.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:42 AM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Make sure the charger got wired to the batteries properly and you are charging all of them.

Follow the red wire from the cart charger receptacle to make sure it is connected to the pack positive battery post.

Is the OBC by-passed?

What charger did You get?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:51 AM   #4
Cdebo1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Its a Links Series Model 26610 OBC dosnt seemed bypssed as i dont see the jumper lead (should go to ground correct? ) Charging cables look good and pack voltage is 50/51v fresh of charger in the am
Cdebo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:53 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Can you install a digital battery meter? There are many in-dash models. Then you could tell us what the pack voltage drops to when the cart is bucking.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:10 AM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Lester 26610 is just a power supply that uses the OBC, not the best or cost effective replacement in my opinion.

What was wrong with the old charger (they are simple devices)?

The OBC is responsible for the charging so if the issue was related to the 20 year old OBC, the Lester 26610 will not help.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car